LSEG Proposition Sales Specialist in New York, New York
The Macro Proposition Sales Specialist is responsible for growing the Refinitiv
Datastream business in a defined territory through prospecting for new clients and developing new business opportunities within existing customer accounts. The Sales Specialist must have domain knowledge of Macro, Economist and Strategist requirements and workflow. This includes: Datastream Content and Delivery Mechanisms within the financial markets. The successful candidate will be effectively positioning and demonstrating the Refinitiv solutions in this area and through a consultative sales process.
Structure, negotiate and close deals
Proactively identify pipeline opportunities, governed by the Account Managers
Develop the sales strategy for their proposition within their territory
Provide insights and share Refinitiv thought leadership on their proposition with customers
Deliver Customer Demos on specific proposition
What you Bring:
As a subject matter expert to sales and pursuit activities, you will act in of support Account Managers and Solution Sales focusing on all sales (new, cross-sells, up-sells) for the Refinitiv proposition and serve accounts within a defined territory. The role works in close partnership with internal partners to proactively drive gross sales and revenue.
Deep market understanding including a) expert level understanding of financial market b) knowledge of relevant market c) strong understanding of customers' business model workflow
World class selling skills (identify, develop, & articulate proposition/consultative selling) as a “hunter”
Strong sales ‘closer’
Significant Product and Workflow Expertise (e.g. knowledge of financial modeling, Excel, MS Office); knowledge of trading floor tech / data apps
Creative problem solver and good sales conceptualization skills
Presentation skills (verbal & written)
Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
Ability to manage and execute a sales plan
Over 2 years of industry, sales or market experience
Proven track record in a quota bearing sales environment
Experience selling to C- level executives
Datastream Content experience a Plus
Knowledge & Skills:
• Specialist, experienced professional with extensive knowledge and skills gained through wide-ranging experiences in a field that requires diverse practices or procedures.
• Recognized expert in their functional area or geography
• Deep knowledge of complex product, market and function in own area
• In-depth understanding of a Business Unit or function
• Works on issues of a diverse scope where analysis of situations requires skills and understanding of current industry trends
Scope of Impact :
• Leads significant projects, programs and business initiatives, demonstrating creativity and ingenuity
• Determines work priorities based on general direction from managers
• May manage budget for projects or programs within area
• Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts and Business Unit strategy
• Provides specialist advice to middle and senior management to resolve complex issues.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making :
• Applies a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
• Anticipates customer needs; assesses requirements and identifies new solutions
• Solves complex problems which may be multidisciplinary or require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
• Makes decisions in non-routine situations applying considerable interpretative thinking
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice (https://www.lseg.com/sites/default/files/content/documents/Global%20Applicant%20Privacy%20Policy%20Feb%202021.pdf) carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject (https://privacyportalde-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/5f7a2da0-bed0-45e8-ac2c-c1f297e2efdc/4ae30ef5-8107-4353-a0b5-1bf34dd647f6.html.) .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.