GlobalFoundries Instrumentation and Controls Technician - New College Graduate in New York, New York
Summary of Role
FOUNDRIESFAB10 in East Fishkill. The Instrumentation and Controls Technician will learn, and eventually take ownership of, all computerized control systems and their associated subsystems within the facilities organization supporting a semiconductor manufacturing facility. 98% of all systems are networked Modicon PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) which report into our multiple GE (General Electric) iFix SCADA (Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition) systems. These higher level systems then allow for remote alarming, monitoring, control, and reporting, to our various facility teams, as well as, our enhanced alarm and trending systems. The successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter which is able to work in a team environment with a primary focus on customer satisfaction and a commitment to excellence and quality. He/She will have an understanding of programming, electrical interfacing, networking concepts, computer configurations, and HMI's (Human Machine Interfacing). Strong communication skills and schedule flexibility are important and sometimes required
• Troubleshoot and make necessary PLC logic changes as required.
• Network and communications troubleshooting.
• Plan and implement all system upgrades as needed, and secure appropriate funding.
• Computer system programming and configuration to simplify and standardize like processes.
• Interface with Engineering on all System/Equipment concerns and problems.
• Train and lead new I&C Technicians.
• Provide high level status presentations to all levels of management
• Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education: Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or Military Equivalent.
- Experience - 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues ability to perform maintenance activities, and work in the standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks).
- Semiconductor, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, and I&C / PLC experience.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of semiconductor processing, process equipment, and a cleanroom manufacturing environment.
Proficiency with software applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies & systems.
Familiarity with Lean processes & activities and Kaizen teams.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.