American Red Cross Director, Digital Strategy (virtual work location) in New York, New York
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The American Red Cross is looking for a Director, Digital Strategy to join the Innovation team. The Innovation team operates like a startup within the American Red Cross focusing on leveraging technology and data to improve mission delivery.
This person will play a vital role in defining opportunities for using technology and data to streamline business operations and help us deliver our mission more effectively. This role will play the role of an internal consultant, and work with different stakeholders to understand the problem statement, define the digital strategy for solving the problem and document requirements and high-level wireframes for the technology solution. We are looking for an out of the box thinker who can help revolutionize the way we are delivering our mission using technology and data.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in leveraging cutting-edge technologies to deliver our mission more effectively. Some of the solutions built might be the first of its kind in the industry.
We are looking for someone with management consulting background to identify business opportunities which can be addressed using technology, define the desired business capabilities for the identified opportunity, define the future state business processes, high level wireframes and develop the business case.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in multiple industries with a blend of expertise ranging from business problem definition, high level user experience definition, high level user story definition and financial benefit modeling for the opportunity.
The individual in this role must be able to function effectively with a high degree of independence and minimal direct supervision. This is a remote position so the candidate can be located anywhere in US.
* Partner with business teams across all business units to define opportunities which can be solved using technology and data
* Define the digital strategy for specific business areas and problem statements
* Conduct user interviews, facilitate design thinking workshops and user testing of products to capture requirements for new products
* Build high level financial models to calculate business cases for projects
* Create business capability maps, detailed process flows, requirements and user stories for specific opportunities
* Define high level wireframes and user experience design for digital products
* Visit various American Red Cross sites to understand the business model and operations. Compare with industry best practices and identify opportunities for Innovation
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
* At least 7+ years of experience with 4 years of experience with digital products
* Must have - Consulting experience with big four or other top tier management consulting firms
* Ability to define business capabilities for digital products
* Experience with creating high-level wireframes and high-level user experience design
* Experience with design thinking, design sprint, empathy workshops and other process for driving product innovation
* Experience with creating detailed current state and future state process flows
* Ability to create financial models for project business cases
* Experience with business analysis and documentation of product requirements for digital technology initiatives
* Constantly willing to push boundaries and overcome obstacles
* Strong communication skills and ability to engage with executives
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.