QBE The Americas Claims Adjuster - Crop (All Locations) in New York, New York
Respond to crop claims by completing field inspections, communicating with involved parties, performing investigations, determining appropriate adjustments and administering insurance policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Complete field inspections, reviews and adjustments by reading maps and aerial photos, measuring fields and storage bins, and appropriately administering company crop insurance policies
* Ensure compliant and cost effective application of crop policies by leveraging knowledge of basic insurance statutes and regulations and complying with state and federal regulatory requirements
* Build and maintain relationships with customers by providing timely and accurate policy service, answering questions and communicating adjustment determinations
* Accurately document, process and transmit loss information in order to determine potential damages
* Support business objectives by participating in quality control tasks, audits, risk assessments and field reviews
* Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
* Adopt QBE values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program (CAPP) accreditation
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Experience with agriculture and/or farming
* Applied knowledge of agriculture and crop farming
* Working knowledge of crop insurance regulations, policies, procedures and best practices
* Working knowledge of investigative techniques and legal research methodologies
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Work effectively under pressure; able to comply with tight deadlines
* Collaborate with internal staff and external customers
* Use relevant information and individual judgment to comply with organizational and legal regulations
* Establish and maintain effective, trusting and respectful relationships with others
* Complete tasks attentively and thoroughly
* High attention to detail
* Work independently with little to supervision
* Communicate outside the organization and share information as a positive aid to achieve best practices and objectives
Frequent (approximately10+ trips annually)
Work is generally performed in both an office environment and remote external environments that may present exposure to adverse environmental conditions dependent on customer location. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Must be able to walk on uneven ground, climb, bend, stoop, use a step, crawl and/or kneel. Incumbent may be exposed to environments that present hazardous weather, chemicals and/or animals. Incumbent must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Number of Openings:0
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The companies of QBE North America are committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. All personal information contained in this application will be kept confidential as required by law.