Federal Reserve Bank Solutions Architect in New York City, New York
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies.You willwork in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
*What we do: *
Enterprise Architecture (EA) consolidates accountability for technology choices and solution design across the Technology Group (TG) and the full portfolio, ensuring consistent leadership in the solution design process. EA:
- Elevates the discussion and strategic value of technology within each business area and simplifies access to enterprise level architects
- Sets enterprise architecture policies and standards to facilitate uniform, practical, and efficient product development
- Actively engages and collaborates with System IT architects and FRS stakeholders
The outcome is that FRBNY’s overall architecture blueprint and roadmap are developed and clearly communicated to Business, Technology Leaders and COO, resulting in uniform, practical, and efficient product development in FRBNY as a result of EA policies and guidelines.
You will report to the Director of Solution Architecture.
Your role as Solution Architect:
As a Solution Architect assigned to products and squads:
- Demonstrated technical leader with a deep understanding of product business goals, business processes and solutions architecture who designs and supports the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet product business needs and align with architectural standards.
- Propose architecture solutions based on business and technology considerations.
- Create architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution development as a bridge between technical and business audiences during solution development.
- Maps processes, capabilities and business object models to application types and specific solutions in application landscape for assigned area
- Defines business application types and determines which capabilities should be realized within these
- Promote re-use and shared services to reduce complexity of the technology portfolio
- Defines which application types should be realized across the organization and which must be developed specifically
- Support and contribute to evaluation, design, and analysis of enterprise wide solutions.
- Translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives.
- Propose solution recommendations and alternatives to satisfy customer needs.
- Collaborate with enterprise architecture, information security, applications and infrastructure teams to produce optimal designs.
- Produce technical documentation of systems and architectures.
- Ensure compliance of solutions to architectural standards.
- Act as a subject matter expert on technologies and trends in your domain of expertise.
- Act as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendor offerings.
- Provides technical leadership and strategic direction for the technologies, standards, processes and current/target state architectures for data across the enterprise.
- Ensure alignment of solution architecture with policies and standards for managing the enterprise’s data.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to ensure data architectures address business and IT objectives.
- Work with Security Architecture and Information Security to ensure Integrity of solutions meet Enterprise standards and policies.
- Work with IT teams, business analysts and data analytics teams to understand data consumers’ needs and develop solutions.
- Collaborate with other Federal Reserve System solution architects and Application Development Leadership team workgroups, and attend important solution architecture-related conferences, seminars, and events
You will be an individual contributor residing in EA, and reports to the Department Head of Solution Architecture. You will be an experienced and independent Solution Architect professional with demonstrated expertise, business involvement, and ability to work in a matrix operating model and federated environment.
What we are looking for:
- More than five years of architecture design and implementation experience, with certifications in relevant solution architecture domains (cloud, platforms, technologies)
- Strong background in application and solution development with emphasis on cloud and enterprise platform solutions
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Experience delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences
- Strong understanding of agile principles and development methodologies including DevSecOps practices
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps
- Conduct hands-on and present results of proof of concepts to multiple partners within and without EA. Knowledge of AWS Cloud related services, Java, Python or other relevant programming skills is desirable.
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
- Experience managing products from a architecture perspective, working with customers and colleagues.
- Commitment toward diversity and inclusion and one who values diversity of background, thought and perspectives.
- Satisfy the Federal Reserve System’s Conflict of Interest requirements.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- Flexible Work Arrangements
/Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements./
/In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check, comply with all applicable information handling rules, and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana./
/The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service./
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Title: Solutions Architect
Location: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 268881