Federal Reserve Bank Research Analytical Environment Product Owner in New York City, New York
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
*What we do: *
The Research & Statistics Group provides analytic support for the Bank's responsibilities relating to monetary policy, banking supervision, payments systems, and financial market issues. In addition to contributing to the formulation and execution of policy in these areas, our economists conduct independent research on a wide range of topics.
The Group Shared Services Function of the Research and Statistics Group (RSG GSS) provides high-quality service for teams across the Group with specific technology needs. People within this Function of the Group manage key processes & information as well as publishing and promoting Bank research. In addition, this Function supports the collection of data series and optimizes the use of technology and business tools.
The Research Product Strategy team will be responsible for collaborating with Research & Statistics leadership to support the development of business strategy, define the strategic vision for the Research and Statistics Group’s technology Products and for ensuring the portfolio of initiatives aligns with and provides value to the Group’s mission and objectives. The team will further ensure the delivery of functionality fully meets the needs of the users, the adoption and ongoing use of products and services maximizes business benefit, and technology and operational support activities are reliable throughout the full product lifecycle.
Products are logical grouping of technology solutions and business processes that are used to achieve a specific business outcome.
Your role as Product Owner for the Analytical Environment:
The Product Owner will report to the Designated Chief Product Owner (dCPO), and will be responsible for understanding the needs of the business and ensuring the product strategy and roadmap meets those needs.
A Product Owner creates the roadmap for Product(s) and defines the strategic vision for their squad, driven by the overall vision. They have a deep understanding of their business and build close relationships within it to ensure that the development squad’s delivery plan is aligned with business needs and the Group’s strategic roadmap. A Product Owner manages dependencies with other squads’ functions, working closely with peer Product Owners and the Technology Group’s EPC Division lead. They work closely within their squad to ensure business value and user feedback is translated into new developments when necessary. Product Owners will be accountable for specific business KPIs based on the area of the Product(s) they are focused on.
The Product Owner will:
- Set ambitious and clear vision for Product(s) and communicate user stories effectively to stakeholders, their squad, and the rest of the tech organization.
- Drive end-to-end squad output strategy from inception to production
- Collaborate with EPC stakeholders to prioritize Product(s) features and ensure delivery aligns with product requirements
- Own product-specific KPIs once solution enters production, and communicates regular tracking to stakeholders
- Utilize market and industry knowledge to translate user needs into user stories and acceptance criteria for their squad; maintain a backlog 3 to 4 sprints ahead of the squad
- Work closely with CPO or PM to establish each product’s business value and support messaging, communication, and customer outreach as necessary
- Facilitate release planning with stakeholders as well as weekly demos
- Integrate usability studies and research into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction and ensure customer driven design
- Align outward facing product requirements and stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- Possess an understanding of the FRBNY RSG Group business, including its priorities, needs and challenges (both externally and internally).
- Expertise in the analytical needs of economists and Research Associates
- Proven knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures with the relevant business capabilities
- Strong collaborator with cross-functional teams from tech and business
- Proven knowledge and understanding of standard precision practices, technology and supporting industry principles
- Understanding and knowledge of ‘customers’ of relevant business processes and platforms, and how they interact with them
- Experienced in facilitating agile ceremonies, managing a backlog/release plan, tracking team level metrics, removing blockers (burndown chart, release burn up, etc.)
- Strong leader, collaborator, team player, and individual contributor
- Strong problem solver with ability to manage and lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with ability to present ideas in a business and user-friendly language.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy or economics, business, technology or related field
- Significant professional experience, and experience as a Product Owner.
- Ability to travel for work (approximately 5-10%).
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- And more
/The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service./
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Title: Research Analytical Environment Product Owner
Location: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 267640