Federal Reserve Bank Mortgage Markets Associate in New York City, New York
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies.You willwork in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
What we do: *
*The Markets Group at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York implements monetary policy on behalf of the Federal Reserve System (FRS) and acts as fiscal agent for the U.S. Treasury Department. As part of these responsibilities, the Market Operations Monitoring and Analysis Function (MOMA) within the Markets Group executes transactions in the open market and conducts detailed analysis of financial market developments to support monetary policy and financial stability decision-making process.
The Mortgage Markets (MM) team monitors and analyzes mortgage markets to inform the formulation and implementation of monetary and financial stability policy. We conduct agency mortgage backed securities (MBS) and agency commercial backed securities (CMBS) operations based on the FOMC's directives. We also regularly speak to market participants to gather market intelligence, analyze data, and produce internal research publications to inform the formulation and implementation of monetary policy.
This important mission requires the skills of a wide range of committed professionals interested in financial markets and the implementation of monetary policy. You will bring your expertise to contribute to the design and execution of agency MBS operations and provide analysis that is used to inform policymaker decisions.
Your role as Mortgage Markets Associate:
- Contribute meaningfully to operational, analytical, and monetary policy efforts of the MBS team, maintaining highest quality standards.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Markets Group, the Bank, and the Federal Reserve System to produce policy-relevant deliverables.
- Lead efforts to identify key MBS stakeholders within the System, then build and maintain those relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Coach and help develop junior staff.
What we are looking for:
- Advanced degree with a focus in management, economics, finance, public policy, or a related field;
- 5 years of experience;
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of financial markets, macroeconomic theory, and monetary policy;
- Ability to represent the business area on issues related to Mortgage Operations.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements.
/In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check, comply with all applicable information handling rules, and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana./
/The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service./
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Title: Mortgage Markets Associate
Location: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 267883