PepsiCo Innovation Designer in New York City, New York
Auto req ID: 222018BR
Who We Are…
At PepsiCo design, we have a saying: “We’re crazy enough to think we can inspire the future.” This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute. Design is a strategic global function for PepsiCo that drives business value by leading innovation, creating experiences and brand engagements. We are one of the first major food & beverage companies to integrate multiple design disciplines—brand design, design thinking, industrial design, design strategy, front-end innovation—into a single group. Our goal is clear: to connect PepsiCo’s food & beverage portfolios, with today’s hyper-connected, networked users and consumers hungry for meaningful, authentic and relevant brand experiences across multiple touchpoints and regions of the world.
What You’ll Do…
The Junior Brand Designer is responsible for partnering across different types of design projects and execution of comprehensive brand design and graphic design projects across our PBNA Innovation Beverage portfolios. Successful candidates will demonstrate a superior ability to learn and start applying design thinking from ideation through concept development, refinement, and execution. Create high-quality brand design solutions by directly executing design and leveraging internal/external design resources. The Designer must be able to sketch and articulate his/her creative thinking.
* BA or MA in Design required
* Minimum 1 year of experience with a preferred background in packaging design and brand design with 360 identities.
* Willing and comfortable to switch “thinking hats” from one brand to another, packaging to digital, concepting to production. In PBNA Innovation we cover the full spectrum of creative touchpoints to bring a brand to life, on a daily basis.
* A passionate, motivated and extremely creative person
* Innovative spirit, excited about creating new brands from inception to launch whilst building strong brand principals and guidelines along the way
* Confident to try new ideas, question and push boundaries.
* Self-assured to work on brands that are new and not yet well established.
* Will have a strong understanding of graphic design
* Great sketching skills and idea development techniques to create and communicate concepts
* Work cross-functionally throughout the center to support Innovation and Design
* Collaborative, able to ideate and construct ideas within a team-based design environment
* Technically solid, able to illuminate ideas and visualize design stories across a variety of media. Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and a bonus if ability in motion graphics, animation and web applications or show an interest in learning about this area more
* Storyboarding - Creating story flows, planning transitions, mapping out movements
* Design / Illustration - Creating all kinds of visual assets and layouts in a wide variety of illustrative styles
* Direction - Researching complex subjects, developing treatments, keeping each project on time and within budget
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy