Citi Development Lead – VP in New Castle, Delaware
Primary Location: United States,Delaware,New Castle
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18020922
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
CITI ELECTRONIC BANKING CHANNELS
The Treasury and Trade Solutions Technology group develops scalable solutions to support Citi’s global network. Challenged by the most demanding clients in the world to constantly improve and innovate our global financial software solutions, we are looking to hire a technology leader for our Jersey City Electronic Banking Channels BE Payments team.
Within Electronic Banking Channels, CitiDirect BE® is Citi’s main corporate internet banking platform that allows clients to monitor cash flows and payments for corporate branches all over the world. Citi is ahead of the curve in Digitization and Innovation with our award-winning Omni-channel offerings across online, mobile and tablet including CitiDirect BE®, CitiDirect BE® Mobile, CitiDirect BE® Tablet and CitiConnect®.
Electronic Banking Channels mission is to:
• Work as a trusted partner to understand business priorities, and provide innovative solutions to efficiently achieve a common product feature set for all channels.
• Through rapid adoption of innovative automation for generation of source code and test scripts, realize significant gains in productivity and quality.
• Enable a consistent client experience across all channels through well-engineered reusable frameworks and Omni-channel solutions.
• Provide thought leadership on UI development, through collaboration across the organization and via Engineering Excellence.
• Placing clients at the core of all we do to in order to discover and deliver highly innovative, intuitive and commercially relevant new products & services.
• Discovering new technologies and unlocking the benefits for Citi and our clients.
• Delivering innovative solutions which result in economic value for Citi.
• Cultivating a positive culture in our organization, by fostering staff engagement, diversity, inclusion and an innovative mindset.
• Effective collaboration and leveraging talent from across Citi to form long-lasting partnerships, and tap into vast resources across Citi.
We are seeking an Applications Development Senior Manager who is experienced in leading the development of enterprise level, scalable UI applications and is confident in providing technical leadership for a large, global development team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of a world-class corporate banking application CitiDirect BE® Payments. The candidate will be a rigorous project manager with exceptional communication skills across both technology and the business and the role will have a high degree of visibility. The appropriate candidate will continuously improve client service and seek strategic solutions and enhancements to business requirements.
Key Responsibilities: In this role, you will be handling the following (but not limited to) responsibilities:
• Manage application development including design, development, implementation, risk and controls
• Lead one or more software development teams of permanent employees and vendor teams from 20+ developers in size
• Build strong business/client relationships with the senior business leaders associated with this project; build and sustain strong relationships with these client groups and contribute to strategic product roadmaps
• Work with the development teams, architects, UX design teams and product partners to devise and develop a best in class client experience
• Ensure we have buy-in from all the stakeholders, track issues and manage project risks
• Collaborate with the Quality Control team
• Monitor, update and communicate project timelines and milestones; obtain senior management feedback; understand potential speed bumps and client’s true concerns/needs
Development Value: This role provides significant opportunities:
• This role provides you the opportunity to gain significant exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business.
• You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses involved across Citi applications, giving you the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe
Knowledge / Experience
• Experience of managing software development projects and leading globally distributed teams successfully in a banking or financial institution
• Demonstrated people and project management skills
• Minimum 10 years IT experience (5+ years of software development experience with 5+ years of technology project management experience) is required
• Negotiation, difficult conversation management and prioritization skills
• Flexibility to handle multiple complex projects and changing priorities
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with managing development of client-facing applications
• Good analytical and business skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent project and process management skills
• Experience working in an innovative environment
• Experience with managing development of enterprise level end to end software applications (UI, Middle Tier, Backend Integration) is required
• A bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualifications
• Experience working with innovative and emerging technology
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
• Ability to work effectively in cross-organizational situations and be enthusiastic about building quality software products with world-class people, processes and tools
• Possess highly effective written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational and project management skills
• Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge with experience in managing design and development of large applications
• Promotes teamwork and maintains effective communication within and across globally distributed groups
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.