Aerotek Entry Level Construction Layout Engineer in Nashville, Tennessee
Job Summary: This position holds responsibility for precise layout of building components including building corners, lines, anchor bolts, pits, etc. and serving as a technical line/grade and layout resource for others.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Sets up and maintain control of the precise layout of building components throughout the project.
• Validates accurate dimensions by reviewing the architectural and structural drawings prior to execution, identifying any discrepancies before construction begins.
• Verify the trueness/accuracy of structures.
• Move supplies, materials, and equipment from one area of project site to another either manually or using lifting/transferring equipment.
• Assist in determining sequence of activities concerned with erection of structures.
• Must have a willingness to learn different aspects of the construction process.
• Must be willing to work with carpenters to build and install formwork.
• Assist supervisors in orienting and training new employees.
• Maintain awareness of safety rules and procedures.
• Identify safety hazards and report to project supervisors.
• Perform additional assignments at supervisor’s direction.
Engineering, Design, Autocad, civil engineering, surveying, gps, total station, Construction, Construction layout, Leica
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience in a commercial construction environment is a plus
• Experience using a Total Station and data collector doing lay out with proven proficiency is a plus
• Ability to compare and see differences in the size, shape, and form of lines, figures, and objects
• Ability to read and understand construction measurements, quantities, scales and dimensions
• Ability to picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams
• Must have basic competencies in mathematics and be able to perform math operations rapidly and accurately
• Ability to read drawings and comprehend details for the purpose of correctly entering information into a data collector.
• Ability to figure and shoot elevations with the use of a grade level
• Ability to work in a diverse employee mix
• Ability to work within precise limits and standards of accuracy
• Ability to receive and follow instructions
• Ability to support team members in completing assigned tasks
• Ability to work well under time constraints and in a team-based environment
• Ability to operate equipment as well as manual and power tools typically used by carpenters in commercial construction
• Ability to work Monday through Friday, at least eight hours per day, five days per week between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Ability to work on Saturdays and Sundays as needed to meet project schedules and demands
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs