Stephen F. Austin State University Orientation Leader in Nacogdoches, Texas
Orientation Leader Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Job Title Orientation Leader
This is a student position responsible for assisting in the operations and activities of a department or a departmental project, program, or function.
- Provides office assistance to the department by assisting staff in routine clerical duties and responsibilities.
- Provides assistance in answering phone calls, routing incoming calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, and directing visitors to the appropriate staff member.
- Assists in file and records maintenance.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of departmental project/program activities.
- Provides general information and/or training regarding project/program.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of general office and clerical procedures and concepts.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records and files.
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously with university faculty and staff, students, and the general public.
Ability to understand and follow instructions.
The minimum education required for admittance as a student at Stephen F. Austin State University.
No direct experience is required. Training and instruction will be provided.
Must have completed the official application and interview process with the Orientation & Transition Programs department.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
A student must be enrolled in six or more semester hours to be eligible for student employment during the fall or spring semesters. To be eligible for student employment during the summer, a student must be enrolled in three or more semester hours or be registered for courses in the upcoming fall semester.
Student assistants may not hold any other type of position such as a graduate assistantship or temporary casual employment at the same time that they are employed as a student assistant.
Position End Date (if temporary) 08/13/2021
Posting Number SA2021-021
Number of Vacancies 40
Posting Open Date 02/12/2021
Review Start Date 02/12/2021
Posting Close Date
Work Schedule Dates given during interview.
Min Pay Rate 7.25
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.
Posting Quick Link https://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/6676
Department New Student Orientation
Contact Name Brittany Beck
Contact Phone 936.468.6641
Contact Email email@example.com
Contact Information Applicants will be contacted by the hiring department if selected for an interview. If you have technical questions about this job posting, please contact HR at (936) 468-2304.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply