HCA, Hospital Corporation of America New Graduate Nurse (RN) Residency Program in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Are you a New Graduate Nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU, your career, and your future?
We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several other perks to make your benefits package customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include: * o Student Loan Repayment o Tuition Reimbursement Programs o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for ambitious New Graduate RNs to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We invite new nursing school graduates to apply for our StaRN New Graduate Nurse Residency Program!
This is a 12-14 week PAID program starting Monday, August 2, 2021 featuring didactic and clinical training, as well as a 1:1 Preceptorship. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive residency program, then transition to staff roles at the facility.
Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5-7 weeks (depending on track):
* Instructor-led classroom training
* Paid training – all nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates
* State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
* Self-directed / on-line learning
* Several Certifications obtained
* Meditech Training and Validation
* Schedule: typically Monday-Friday, 40 hour work week (8hr days)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 7 weeks:
* Conducted at the hospital
* Paid training – all externally hired nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates during preceptorship (union facilities may differ)
* You will be assigned a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
* Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
* Schedule: 3 – 12 Hour shifts on the unit that selected you
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year * Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital * Nurse Residents continue monthly professional development through routine interactions with a mentor * Attend a monthly residency seminar * Complete an evidence-based capstone project * Attend 1 year graduation *StaRN Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. *
Opportunities are available across the system in a variety of units, with the vast majority being in Medical/Surgical/Telemetry units. While we understand that you may be interested in a specific unit, however we cannot always guarantee that request. We appreciate your flexibility in this, and hope that you understand that this is just the first step in long and rewarding nursing career, in which you will have many opportunities.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school - within past 1 year is preferred
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Flexibility to work day or night shift (unit needs vary)
- Attendance is imperative and 100% mandatory throughout the initial StaRN Training Program
- You do not need to meet requirements to apply or interview.
- * Grand Strand Medical Center,located in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC, is a 360 plus bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and the surrounding counties. Each day we are committed to building a healthy community across the greater Grand Strand. To accomplish this, we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission. We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team.
Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties. Additionally, Grand Strand Medical Center is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC. Our hospital is also the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the service area, certified by DNV-GL.
Grand Strand Medical Center is recognized by the Join Commission for the following programs: * Chest pain * Knee and hip replacement * Sepsis In addition, we have received awards from the American Heart Association for our treatment of heart attacks and strokes.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Grand Strand Medical Center, has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010.HCA Healthcare is a community of 94,000 RNs and 38,000 physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities including hospitals, freestanding ER’s, surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our StaRN Residency Program. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: New Graduate Nurse (RN) Residency Program
Location: South Carolina-Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00104-GSMCAug21StaRN