Cargill Grain Plant Operator in Muscatine, Iowa
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) connects producers and users of grains and oilseeds around the globe through sourcing, storing, trading, processing and distributing grains and oilseeds, as well as offering a range of financial, risk management and customized farmer services. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive –a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe!
Shift: 1st Shift
A typical Work Day May Include:
• Performing facility operations such as loading and unloading trucks/barge/vessels/rail cars, filling/reclaiming grain ground piles, and various other grain handling tasks.
• Basic maintenance and operator care of equipment to ensure ongoing facility operations
• Providing excellent customer service and engaging with team members
• Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
• Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
• Must be eligible to work in the US without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, may be required to lift up to 50lbs occasionally, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
• Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
• Basic use of a computer
• Must be able to work in various weather, industrial and agricultural settings
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
• Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays with advance notice
What Will Put You Ahead:
• Basic Mechanical Aptitude
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs