Marsh & McLennan Cos Senior Health & Benefits Consulting Analyst in Morristown, New Jersey
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We're in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees - whether we're designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs.
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Morristown, NJ office:
Senior Health and Benefits Consulting Analyst
What can you expect?
- Allows you to use and develop your skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of all the individuals who work at them
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
What is in it for you?
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture.
- Have competitive vacation/personal days in addition to holidays and volunteer days.
- Our Health and Benefits analysts collaborate closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies' health and welfare programs.
- A flexible training program that includes both group and individual, recorded and live, in-person and virtual, & real-time on the job and traditional settings
- Work for a team that offers strong growth opportunities
- You will be part of teams that create strategic roadmaps, design benefit plans, develop contribution strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meetyour client's benefit and financial needs.
- Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build meaningful relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
We will count on you to:
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
- Develop an awareness of the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs.
- Support the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
- Help with client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Build and maintain relationships with internal teams and subject matter experts, as well as develop relationships with clients
- Interact with carriers and vendors to gather quotes, analyze, negotiate, handle client service issues and review plan documentation
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Ability to exercise independent thinking
- Ability to work at a fast pace, both independently and in a team environment
- Capacity to multitask, manage competing priorities with strong time management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen paired with intellectual curiosity
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What makes you stand out:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Advanced excel skills
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.