Lowe's Senior Pricing Analyst in Mooresville, North Carolina
Senior Pricing Analyst
Job Summary :
Category Pricing Strategy: The primary purpose of this role is to support the analytics necessary to develop and execute pricing strategies for their assigned merch division. This includes executing price changes, monitoring performance gaps, providing insights to pricing management, and suggesting strategy changes. The Senior Analyst will be a critical member of the GMM pricing team.
Analytics & Insights: The primary purpose of this role to support the execution of the pricing analytics and science roadmap for Lowe's. Apply advanced analytical concepts in support of designing and executing Lowe's pricing strategy. This team will assist Lowe's in understanding the effectiveness of various strategies and promotions and will partner closely with Technology to develop tools and capabilities for use by the Pricing organization. Lastly, this team will provide insights gathered from the data that can be applied to pricing strategies for competitive advantage.
Strategic Initiatives: Support projects that drive forward strategic priorities for Lowe's, including but not limited to, Markdown optimization, Localization strategies, and/or Pro share. This role is charged with understanding customers' values, business strategies and determining optimal approaches for meeting their needs. Collaborate to identify project risk and work with cross functional teams to develop mitigation plans. This position will identify key tollgates and communicate regularly status updates to senior leadership.
Key Responsibilities :
• Responsible for achieving Pricing-related sales and margin objectives for their respective Merchandising division through the use of new and legacy pricing tools in alignment with the Pricing Program with a focus on the IBM Pricing solution.
• Responsible for maintaining relationships, communicating effectively, and building cross functional partnerships with their respective MVPs, MDs, and MMs.
• Responsible for ensuring that the Lowe's enterprise pricing strategy frameworks and guardrails are implemented across all product categories for merchandising divisions that they support. Works closely with their management team and with the pricing team to ensure they are fully versed in and can communicate the Lowe's pricing strategy framework and how that translates into rules and guardrails for pricing through the IBM pricing solution.
• Responsible for listening to and reacting to the needs of their business partners business while also fully supporting the enterprise pricing strategy and objectives. The senior analyst will ensure that they utilize all available tools, data, and insights to deliver the best possible level of service and results to their respective partners.
• Responsible for leading cross-functionally with their respective merchant teams and other key stakeholders. They are responsible for conducting themselves in a manner that reflects positively on the Pricing organization with a focus on SERVE and personal accountability.
• Responsible for ensuring that they meet all key deliverables and timelines for their projects and tasks. Promptly raises issues that could lead to missed timelines and works with management team on mitigation plans.
• Responsible for sharing best practices across their team. Identifies largest areas of repetitive manual work and raises to management team to look for automation opportunities.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field and 3 years of experience in corporate retail pricing, promotions, or competitive intelligence analytics or strategy experience OR High school diploma and 6 years of relevant experience (pricing, merchandising, finance, or related field focused on retail analytics)
• 3 years’ experience of using standard analytics tools (MS Excel, Access) to develop data driven recommendations to identify opportunities to improve business performance
Preferred Education/Experience :
• 2 years’ experience in Home Improvement Retail or experience working in an omnichannel environment
• 2 years’ experience developing processes and procedures to support business objectives
• 2 years’ experience in retail pricing
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs