Lowe's Senior Manager - FTM Financial Reporting and Data Management Business Lead in Mooresville, North Carolina
Lowe’s Finance organization is building out a multi-year program to modernize legacy accounting and financial reporting platforms for the enterprise. The primary purpose of this role is to serve as a subject matter expert in the strategy, design and implementation of finance and accounting processes and systems under the Finance Technology Modernization (“FTM) program.
This role will lead the Oracle ERP Financial Reporting and Data Management workstreams focused on designing and implementing software for financial reporting and accounting processes including replacing the Company’s existing PeopleSoft ERP and legacy retail services systems as well as aligning current accounting and financial reporting processes with retail best practices. These responsibilities include business process re-design, system requirements and configuration, user-acceptance testing, implementation support, issue resolution, master data governance, end-user training and change management. The Senior Manager - FTM Financial Reporting and Data Management position will partner with FTM Director Leads, peer FTM Subject Matter Experts, Accounting and Finance staff and leadership, dedicated FTM Technology personnel, and outside consultants to complete workstream deliverables.
• Takes action to ensure a full understanding of individual workstream objectives and roles to drive rapid decision making and continuous progress, and identify key areas of overlap with and impact on other FTM areas
• Seeks out retail best practices in Finance/Accounting to challenge the status quo, ensure efficient business processes are designed, and maintain clarity of ownership between Finance and Retail functions
• Design financial processes and identify software solution requirements to perform accounting functions for workstream core activities and deliverables
• Researches and documents business requirements for accounting systems related to individual workstream and validates recommended solutions independently
• Ensures appropriate supporting documents and decision support are maintained and documented related to system design and testing
• Develop and support recommendations to senior FTM, Accounting, and Finance leadership regarding required system and process design and related testing, validation and configuration. Prepare written documentation as necessary to support conclusions reached and selected solutions.
• Coordinates with Technology, consultants, and finance and accounting personnel to replace and modernize complex legacy financial systems and processes within designated workstream
• Identifies and makes recommendations to FTM leadership on key workstream decisions
• Leads the design and testing of integrations to and from other financial and operational systems
• Communicates effectively with other FTM workstream leads and key FTM program stakeholders
• Oversees the configuration of new technologies and ensures the technologies meet business requirements for accounting and financial reporting capabilities
• Monitors and take actions to make sure deadlines and deliverables are met in accordance with workstream and FTM program timelines
• Identifies, resolves and/or escalates key issues/risks/decisions to maintain workstream progress
• Coordinates with business leaders to re-design Finance/Retail business processes, drive business agility, process efficiency and change acceptance
• Design, test and implement key finance/accounting system controls focused on system access, financial data quality for system integrations and metadata governance
• Identify key data requirements and participate in the design and validation of data to be included in the Finance and Accounting data hubs
• Drives change acceptance, articulates benefits to, and designs training for core accounting and finance personnel on new systems and processes
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance related field
7-10 years of overall combined experience in industry, consulting and/or public accounting
2 years of experience as a manager in a public company, assurance firm focused on system implementations and/or public accounting
3-5 years experience with implementation/upgrade of retail financial systems or experience in large ERP environment (Hyperion and/or PeopleSoft preferred)
Masters Degree in Master of Business Administration or Technical Equivalent
Licensed Certified Public Accountant
2 years of experience leading cross-functional teams
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 19 million customer transactions a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2021 sales of over $96 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service nearly 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Lowe's Jobs