Lowe's Product Development Associate Merchant - Home Decor in Mooresville, North Carolina
Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility, please visit https://talent.lowes.com/us/en/benefits .
The Product Development Associate Merchant (PDAM) will work closely with the Product Development Merchant (PDM) & Product Development Senior Merchant (PDSM) roles to implement an International Merchandising Process that will provide Lowe's and LG Sourcing (Lowe's Global Merchandising) the ability to merchandise internationally sourced products in a method that is consistent with our customer's expectations. This role is responsible for collaboratively working to determine priority business partners and understand near and long term growth plans for the business focusing on key import & domestic Private Brand category opportunities with a balanced country of origin diversification strategy for each category. The PDAM will work with branding to deliver a consolidated Private Brand Strategy for his/her areas. The PDAM will work with branding to ensure simple and consistent brand standards, category positioning and price positioning while building plans and working cross-functionally to execute by either supporting categories or supporting PDM's. Product Development Associate Merchants will work with Merchandising and be held accountable to drive import & Private Brand growth and innovation. Product Development Associate Merchants will facilitate bringing together internal and external resources to complete the projects including, merchandising, trend, design, marketing, branding, logistics, LG Sourcing, packaging and international & domestic Private Brand vendors. The PDAM will work with PDM/PDSM's to provide input and deliver on Merchandising Category strategies and will be held accountable for delivering Private Brand & import penetration, innovation, sales and margin goals. The position also plays a key role in managing and leading the supplier base to be sales and profit solution providers. This role is expected to deliver a world class supplier matrix with best in class product and pricing. This role is critical to Lowe's because it handles the import & Private Brand piece of the business and drives sales and profit as the 4th largest importer in the US. In addition, it is charged with identifying innovative products and programs for both Import and Private Brand opportunities while ensuring delivery of key product roadmap items to deliver sales and margin improvement.
Key Responsibilities :
• Merchandising Key Contact: The PDAM will support PDMs to deliver on Merchandising Category strategies and be held accountable to delivering Private Brand and import penetration, sales and margin goals. This role will work closely with the PDSM and PDM on ensuring operational processes are completed and on time.
• Drive Private Brand & Import Innovation: Support PDM & PDSMs in identifying innovative products and programs for both Import and Private Brand opportunities while ensuring delivery of key product roadmap items to deliver sales and margin improvement. These individuals will manage smaller categories and will work closely with the PDM & PDSMs to learn Lowe’s process and work operationally to deliver innovative products.
• Vendor Management: Will work with PDMs & sourcing to manage current vendors performance, while also diversifying vendors to bring on new suppliers, new countries or find vendors to develop Private Brand innovation. This role will be a key contact with domestic offices and communicate with sourcing offices for imports to negotiate program elements, vendor defective collections, MST support, Item set-up, etc.
• Managing Import programs: Import Item set-up/PCM facilitators including utilizing Tradestone system, responsible for collecting quarterly excess defectives from import vendors, International Sourcing Trip planners. Financial Responsibility: Demonstrate financial and business acumen by delivering a Private Brand Strategy for assigned categories. Responsible for establishing pricing, import and Private Brand growth, category sales and margin and import category penetration. Will include product reviews and establishing product differentiators and overall brand/product performance.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Business or a related field
• 3+ years’ experience Merchandising, Contract Negotiation, Supplier Development, Sourcing or International Business
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 19 million customer transactions a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2021 sales of over $96 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service nearly 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law. Pay Range for Colorado and New York : $66,000.00 - $110,000.00 annually Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility, please visit https://talent.lowes.com/us/en/benefits .
- Lowe's Jobs