Lowe's Merchandise Assortment Planner in Mooresville, North Carolina
Job Summary :
The Merchandise Assortment Planner serves as a category analyst & category management support team consultant responsible for analytics and support arm for the core Assortment Planning team, specifically as it pertains to the assortment lifecycle development and planning via product line reviews (PLRs) and business reviews (BR). The Merchandise Assortment Planner is responsible for analytics & ad hoc analysis helping drive the end to end life cycle planning process from the initial assortment kickoff meeting through post product line review and business review meeting deliverables. The Merchandise Assortment Planner will be responsible for delivering on the expectations of our merchants, customers and shareholders, by providing the following services:
-Product Line Review and Business Review project management analytics
-Category Management insights and analytical support
-Recommending localized assortment updates within the Assortment Optimization solution (user)
-Tracking and reporting of PLR and BR deliverables and alignment to core strategies
-Managing workflow opportunities within categories assigned
In addition, this role is responsible for supporting ad hoc analysis for the core strategies, category management insights and merchandise assortment recommendations. Responsibilities also include analysis, PLR support, and other cross-functional partner engagement and insights who would be directly involved in the end to end assortment planning process and AO tool.
Key Responsibilities :
• PLR / BR Process analysis & supporting end to end planning process including Pre-coordination session, assortment kickoff meeting, cluster strategy review, supplier planning sessions, calibration sessions with cross functional teams.
• Synthesizes category management analytics for Merchandising in to actionable opportunities.
• Assortment Plan Development – manages assortment “eligibility, review and finalize product and forecasted demand.
• Analyzes enterprise portfolio opportunities within Role of the Category, Localization, Pro Growth and Assortment/Space Productivity.
• Utilize the Assortment Optimization tool to determine item / store cluster assortments.
• Partners with Merchants & Sr Planners to perform an in depth understanding of the category management decision process to lead the Merchants through the evaluation and determination of store clustering and assortment selection.
• Analyze, review and identify assortment planning opportunities within the assortment planning tool and reporting outputs for resolution with Merchants, influencing the team on better configuration options to accomplish the optimum goals.
• Collaborate with Sr Planners & Merchants to interpret AO recommendations for current items and to develop assortment plans for new items.
• Translate opportunities and vision to various business areas of Lowe’s ensuring successful integration.
• Lead others in linking Assortment Planning tool results to the overall end to end PLR/BR business process.
• Assist with presentations, as needed, to all levels of corporate management.
• Serve as project management support for Full Line Reviews: that incorporates data prep, CC runs and, Assortment Planning tool worksheets, new item data collection, Space data collection, PLR key milestone dates, and all communications to all affected parties, to meet PLR dates.
• Plan and schedule Line Review meetings as they relate to non-vendor presentations.
• Provide reporting on the status and activities of the PLR.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Statistics, Finance, or related field
• Experience in merchandising, assortment planning, finance or related work experience
• Experience working in a retail environment
• Experience with assortment and/or merchandising planning (e.g. categories, products, processes, etc.)
• Experience executing on project plans in a cross-functional environment
• Experience with retail assortment store clustering
• Experience with Assortment Planning Software (e.g. SAS, JDA, Oracle, etc. )
• Experience working for a large retail organization, preferably in Merchandising, Store Planning, or Store Operations
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs