Lowe's Merch Assortment Sr Planner in Mooresville, North Carolina
Job Summary :
The Merchandise Senior Assortment Planner serves as a subject matter expert and category assortment productivity advisor for the core merchandising team, specifically as it pertains to the assortment lifecycle development and planning via product line reviews (PLRs) and business reviews (BR). The Merchandise Assortment Senior Planner is responsible for overseeing and driving the end to end life cycle planning process from the initial assortment kickoff meeting through post product line review and business review meeting deliverables, ensuring valuable application of core strategies (e.g. role/intent of the category), partnering and synthesizing cross-functional team assortment recommendations (e.g. Finance, Supply Chain, Pricing, etc.) and Assortment localization opportunities. The Merchandise Assortment Senior Planner will be responsible for delivering on the expectations of our merchants, customers and shareholders, by providing the following services:
• Product Line Review and Business Review project management (business process owner)
• Category Management insights, white space opportunities and analytical insights
• Analyzing and recommending localized assortment opportunities within the Assortment Optimization solution (SME and user)
Overall ownership of entire PLR process to include tracking and reporting of PLR and BR deliverables and alignment to core strategies In addition, this role is responsible for managing and directing others within the Merchandising organization in interpreting and applying core strategies, category management insights and assortment optimization in making merchandise assortment decisions. Responsibilities also include training, mentoring, and support of other cross-functional partners who would be directly involved in the end to end assortment planning process. Assortment Planners will own driving targeted plan improvement in category sales, margin and turn for the categories they support.
Key Responsibilities :
• PLR / BR process captains, establishes and manages overall end to end planning process including Pre-coordination session, assortment kickoff meeting, cluster strategy review, supplier planning sessions, calibration sessions w/ cross functional teams (e.g. Finance, Inventory, Pricing, Field Merchandising) and leadership review meetings, final assortment publication.
• Collects, analyzes and co-authors with Merchants category management templates Including, but not limited to pre-coordination meetings, PLR/BR kickoff meetings, various Discovery meetings with field, vendor and SSC teams, Financial calibration meeting, PLRs/BRs, and post-mortem reviews.
• Assortment Plan Development – Assess assortment gaps and opportunities, review and finalize product detail cost/retail/case pack/supplier, etc.
• Provides oversight and accountable to ensuring enterprise portfolio objectives are being achieved in Role of the Category, Localization, Pro Growth and Assortment/Space Productivity.
• Utilize the Assortment Optimization tool to determine localized item / store cluster assortments.
• Category management expert helping define customer path to purchase decisions leading Merchants through the evaluation and determination of store clustering and assortment selection (e.g. shop, drop, keep).
• Leveraging Role of the Category definitions to navigate teams through PLR process, as well as providing and interpreting recommendations on store clustering strategies utilizing insights from AO, field merchandising and vendor community.
• Create and configure the store stocking matrix with approved cluster strategy and product performance information. Perform necessary updates and overrides of item recommendations as needed ensuring accuracy and seamless transitions to support team members.
• Integrate Assortment Planning tool results with product knowledge, merchandising programs, and customer needs to provide practical recommendations and deep analytical insight to others.
• Collaborate with Merchants to interpret AO recommendations for current items and to develop assortment plans for new items.
• Collaborate and share relevant information with various business areas of Lowe’s (e.g., Space Planning and Logistics) to ensure Merchandising’s vision and strategies are effectively implemented.
• Lead category management conversations with Merchandising, advising them on appropriate consumer decision trees and attributes for store clustering and assortment planning.
• Lead others in linking Assortment Planning tool results to the overall end to end PLR/BR business process.
• Assist with presentations, as needed, to all levels of corporate management.
• Provide guidance and support to the Merchant teams for execution of the Product Line Review.
• Serve as project management lead for Full Line Reviews: that incorporates data prep, CC runs and, Assortment Planning tool
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs