Lowe's Lowes Univ Leadership Trainer in Mooresville, North Carolina
The primary purpose of this role is to foster an environment of experiential learning; developing leaders on the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed at Lowe's to drive organizational Mission and Strategy. This is accomplished by hosting events, facilitating training courses, and providing opportunities to practice concepts and skills learned. The Leadership Trainer motivates and inspires leaders to achieve objectives by facilitating discussions using practical examples, leadership messages, and real-life experiences. This role will collaborate with leaders in L&D, functional business units, business and shared services subject matter experts and Human Resources to ensure program content and learner experience deliver needed business results. This role will significantly leverage store operations knowledge and practical experience to effectively deliver all forms of training and provide coaching to learners that prepares them to meet and exceed role expectations. This role is critical to Lowe's as it enables the successful development of company leadership.
• Serves as primary program facilitator, utilizing a variety of teaching styles and methods to link course concepts to relevant business situations
• Consults and advises with functional business unit leaders to translates enterprise strategic direction into robust learning solutions.
• Ensures design solutions are adapted to both the culture of the organization and the diversity of the workforce.
• Drives the development and maintenance of a comprehensive suite of solutions to address the performance gaps in a business, an audience, a function or an initiative.
• Synthesizes and applies feedback from learners and business subject matter experts (SMEs) as appropriate to continuously improve training materials.
• Manages assigned training session to ensure the overall experience is effectively executed.
• Manages program and project dependencies, interdependencies, risks, issues and related mitigation strategies.
• High school diploma or GED
• 7 years of Relevant business experience
• 2 years of Experience as a store manager of a Home Improvement Retailer and meeting key annual performance metrics
• 7 years of - demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, active listening, motivational and facilitation skills - demonstrated proficiency with performance management and effective coaching techniques - facilitating large group presentations, training, meetings - managing / supervising people or cross functional, complex projects - ability to build and maintain working relationships with management, business leads and peers on a wide range of matters. - ability to think quickly. Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
*• * Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Learning & Development, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, HR, or related field
• Master’s degree in MBA, Education; Instructional Design; Organizational Development; Human Resources; Industrial-Organization Psychology, or related field
• 6 years of demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, active listening, motivational and facilitation skills
• Understanding of instructional design and adult learning principles
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs