Lowe's Executive Development Consultant in Mooresville, North Carolina
Job Summary :
The primary purpose of this role is to provide talent management consulting and coaching to senior leaders as well as program development and project management for the execution of organizational and executive development at Lowe's. This individual will develop tailored talent management strategies to address any gaps in the leadership capability needed to run the company. This will be addressed through transition and onboarding solutions, executive coaching, team effectiveness diagnosis and facilitation, high potential/accelerated development experiences, and succession management activities. Ultimately, this individual leads and facilitates solutions and experiences to increase organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, culture development, and executive leadership capability.
Key Responsibilities :
• Use appropriate assessment tools/data gathering to assess needs, identify performance gaps, identify root cause, and determines appropriate solutions needed to enhance individual, group, and organizational effectiveness to support business goals and corporate strategy.
• Serve as subject matter expert for organizational/leadership development and provide consulting to senior leadership to close identified performance and behavior gaps.
• Design, develop and deploy leadership and executive development approaches that increase the capability and proficiency of our senior leader.
• Leads internal coaching practice and conduct coaching for multiple levels of leaders as a component of comprehensive development plans.
• Manages and delivers accelerated development/high-potential development initiatives (i.e. coaching, action learning, rotations, exposure events).
• Facilitate executive meetings/off-sites to increase team performance, culture, and engagement of individuals, teams, and organizations.
• Provide transition and onboarding support for senior leaders to ensure smooth transitions into Lowe's and during major responsibility changes.
• Use the outputs of various talent practices (i.e. talent reviews) to influence leadership talent development, planning, and movement decisions.
• Build and maintain relationships with Business Leaders and HR business partners at corporate, distribution, and store locations to ensure integration of talent practices into day-to-day business operations.
• Creates program materials, templates, and relevant training as needed to educate leaders and HR partners on organization and executive development methodologies, best practices, and outcomes.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Business Administration/Management or related field
• 10 years’ experience in executive and leadership development, high-potential programs/activities, coaching, team effectiveness consulting, change management, and facilitation of organizational development related activities
• 5 years’ experience working with executive team (i.e. C-Suite, Senior Management Team, Operating Committee)
• 5 years’ experience coaching senior leaders; coaching certification
• 5 years’ experience in utilizing assessment tools/techniques to diagnose and deploy appropriate interventions
Preferred Qualifications :
• 5 years’ experience working at a Fortune 250 company
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs