Lowe's Associate Product Manager in Mooresville, North Carolina
Job Summary :
The Associate Product Manager assists with the process of defining product and product feature requirements and communicating those requirements to user experience and technology delivery teams. This includes using customer feedback, business strategy, data/analytics, and input from user experience and technology teams to develop features that result in seamless customer experiences.
Although this role is focused on execution, the individual in this role must understand the end-to-end vision for a product and the impact it has on individual features. With direction from more senior product management staff, this role owns the vision and success criteria for the specific feature(s) within his/her scope of responsibility.
Key Responsibilities :
• Provides recommendations and insight to support the process of defining the product and identifying gaps and customer needs by creating vision, strategy and requirements documents for a feature or set of features; conducting studies (market research, internal) and competitive analysis to identify customer needs; assisting with experiments to uncover additional customer value; performing competitive reviews; and participating in in-person customer research to determine new features
• Supports the process of developing and managing the product roadmap by providing input related to individual product features that has a more immediate, near-term impact; coordinating with others on dependencies that impact individual product features; and making trade-off decisions for product features
• Supports the planning process by developing requirements documents (user stories with acceptance criteria, use cases) for product features; providing input into to the design of the user experience; and determining release goals, prioritization, implementation, and iteration plans for product features
• Leads the feature development process by reviewing demos with the technology team and validating acceptance criteria for product features; and tracking development work and identifying bugs at a feature level
• Supports product launch by working with relevant stakeholders to develop launch and go-to-market plans for product features, identifying issues and blockers that may delay the launch or impede the success of a feature, and communicating any concerns to leadership
• Tracks and reports on product launch metrics; contributes to post-launch reviews and drives incorporation of feedback in future feature releases
• Works with Product Managers to develop metrics; works with stakeholder teams to actively and accurately monitor these metrics
• Assists with tracking performance trends and gathering customer feedback to determine feature-level gaps or development opportunities
• Gathers understanding of the business and the product areas within focus, as well as the relevant data that can be used to inform key decisions in the product area supported
• Uses analytics to monitor product KPIs and ensure success metrics are being met; identifies opportunities for testing and product enhancements based on results
• Attends all business reviews, supplying product/feature results as necessary; provides input into business cases when new products/features are being developed
• Makes recommendations for the prioritization of the product backlog supported
• With direction from a Product Manager, owns the vision and success criteria for a specific product feature
Minimum Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 1 year of experience in product management, project management, business analysis, program management, product marketing, or related field
• Strong writing ability
Preferred Qualifications :
• Master’s degree in related field
• 1 year of experience in product design and/or product management
• Strong financial acumen
• Experience with a Big 4 Consulting Firm
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs