Lowe's Assistant Marketing Manager in Mooresville, North Carolina
The Assistant Manager of Brand Marketing will work with Brand Marketing leadership to assist in conceiving marketing strategies that capitalize on growth opportunities with prioritized customer segments by leveraging consumer insights, understanding the competitive landscape and working closely with cross-functional teams in Merchandising and Operations to drives the overall strategic success of Lowe's. The position will report to the Manager or Sr Manager of Brand Marketing and will serve as a subject matter expert of an assigned merchandise division and the "point of contact" to the merchandise vice president. Largely, the assistant marketing manager has to know how to best represent the work of the team with key stakeholders especially the merchandise vice president (amongst others across ops, credit and promo teams) as well as lead execution of the calendar within small agile brand marketing pods within an assigned strategic brand pillar.
• Assists the brand marketing managers within a small “pod” in an “agile” type setting to execute programs across the marketing calendar driving alignment with key stakeholders and delivering on highly effective marketing strategies, tactics and action plans that meet critical KPIs.
• Supports the brand marketing manager in analyzing/interpreting data including merchandising P&L data to draw clear, actionable conclusions within the business area he/she serves as a subject matter expert to to build synthesized annual and quarterly objectives, strategies and tactical plans in partnership with the brand marketing manager to grow sales in-store and online; developing programs that create growth supported by fact-based business cases in partnership with Merchandising and/or operations.
• Works with and supports the brand marketing manager to refine the annual marketing calendar that will drive category sales and build the brand – leading the development of briefs and serving as the assistant integrator across marketing and broader organization.
• Works closely with cross functional teams like .com, operations, flex, store environment, merchandising, promotions/pricing, marketing (creative, media, etc.) and others to execute a 360 omni-channel experience.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to develop product launches, product growth opportunities and associated marketing support in partnership with the merchandise vice president he/she partners with; integrates product launch efforts and timing into the master calendar led by the brand marketing director and managers.
• Supports brand marketing manager on developing specific visual merchandising support plans to align in-store experiences to overall marketing experiences; as well as .com with the experience team and event teams across Lowes.com.
• Works closely with marketing operations to integrate the right promotions into the right marketing vehicles; collaborates with marketing operations to analyze, monitor and report on the impact of programs against goals and objectives both quarterly and annually.
• Works closely with project management team, marketing operations team, media and brand engagement teams to operationalize and execute the work.
• Works closely with merchandising, supply chain and Lowes.com online merchants to select the right product features, items and ensure pipeline sustainability before a campaign is produced or launched; coordinates product with project manager to arrive onset and on time for production efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Merchandising, Marketing, or relevant field
• 4+ years’ overall marketing experience
• 1+ year(s) strong business acumen and experience running a P&L and/or working alongside P&L owners
• 1+ year(s) leadership experience
• 1+ year(s) experience writing strategic briefs and working cross-functionally and leading brand marketing or integrated teams
• 1+ year(s) experience leading brand or category work at a retailer or CPG company
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program.
For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia (https://twitter.com/LowesMedia) on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Lowe's Jobs