Lowe's Administrative Specialist IV in Mooresville, North Carolina
The primary purpose of this role is to provide varied and complex administrative support by applying advanced clerical, administrative, and office skills for the department or a group of professionals. This includes responsibility for payroll functions, routing or answering routine correspondence not requiring Supervisor's attention, organizing and maintaining office files, ordering and maintaining office supplies, using advanced computer applications to prepare complex correspondence, reports, and presentations, receiving and screening telephone calls, scheduling appointments and maintaining a complex calendar for the Supervisor, and directing inquires. This individual has frequent access to confidential information and files and applies knowledge of departmental and organizational operations and may adapt procedures and processes to accomplish position requirements.
• Maintains accurate payroll records (e.g. enters weekly payroll data, tracks vacation, holiday, and sick hours, provides exception reporting as needed).
• Orders and maintains adequate supplies for office use, while keeping within established budgets.
• Fields and screens incoming telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors, answers routine questions, and furnishes information, when possible, to save the supervisor’s time.
• Organizes and maintains office files and records while reducing waste and maximizing efficiency; Ensures there is proper security for confidential files.
• Acts as the contact person for internal and external customers and uses independent judgment to respond to requests for information or to refer more complex requests to appropriate staff members; follows up to ensure issues have been resolved; May communicate on behalf of the Supervisor.
• Opens and distributes mail to appropriate person; Responds with form letter to routine requests; Determines what needs to be filed and briefs the Supervisor on items needing immediate or personal attention.
• Works with or provides confidential and sensitive information and exercises discretion concerning its dissemination.
• Organizes and expedites flow of work through Supervisor’s office. Initiates follow-up action.
• Drafts, produces, proofreads, edits, and processes correspondence or other documents for supervisor approval. May exercise independent judgment to send out correspondence on behalf of supervisor as needed.
• Creates spreadsheets including formulas to organize, display, and summarize data, facilitate analysis, and identify interrelationships; prepares special reports for other departments and external customers.
• Produces a wide variety of routine and complex documents, reports, presentations, and other correspondence using advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite with minimal direction from the Supervisor.
• Schedules appointments and maintains calendars for department and/or supervisor; continually checks calendars and looks ahead to avoid conflicts; ensures that meeting requests have sufficient detail allowing the Supervisor proper understanding of the meeting topic; prepares all material needed for the meeting; coordinates all aspects of Divisional/Departmental meetings.
• Coordinates and manages special events, including scheduling dates, sending invitations, providing logistical support, catering, ordering supplies and materials.
• Assists with department budget or expense reports; may perform some analysis or make projections about department budgets; produces spreadsheet reports as requested; may assist in the development of the Department budgets.
• Helps to onboard new employees by arranging workspace, arranging computer equipment, supplies, etc. in a timely manner.
• Makes travel arrangements (flight, hotel, rental car, itinerary, etc) and serves as contact person for attendees; proactively prepares materials (reports, binders, itineraries, passports, etc.) needed for a successful and productive trip.
• High school diploma
• 5-10 years’ experience in an administrative role
• Thorough knowledge and proficiency with PC software programs e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database management, PowerPoint, email, calendar
• 2-4 years Lowe's experience
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia (https://twitter.com/LowesMedia) on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Lowe's Jobs