Ameriprise Financial Senior Manager, Advisory Product Management/Development in Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Sr Product Manager will participate in the development and/or maintenance of advisory product/programs. This position will work across the organization, vendors, fund partners to lead and/or contribute in small to large advisory platform initiatives that drive the growth of the platform and create an excellent client and advisor experience.
Full-Time / Part-Time:
About Our Company:
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
• Knowledge and/or experience with the advisory business and/or product offerings
• Excellent understanding of managing and presenting within a corporate organization; including insight into various business units and the Field organization
• Understanding of competitive trends and how they may influence direction within Ameriprise
Line of Business:
Wealth Management Solutions
Senior Manager, Advisory Product Management/Development
• Conducts research and recommends ways to improve advisory product/program features, service, sales, marketing, processes, policies and/or negotiate with fund partners/vendors.
• Supports advisory product/programs as a subject matter expert for projects, initiatives, marketing, sales and ongoing management.
• Seeks to learn and track industry trends for continual advancement and competitiveness • Seeks and drives continuous innovation aligned with the project strategy / road map
• Contributes to/drives the requirements and delivery of new products and services through funded. enhancements that enhance the client and advisor experience, increase ease of use, meet competitive evolution in the marketplace and/or improve profitability.
• Performs as the business lead on small to medium size projects.
• Contributes to the WMS Advisory Platform Investment Optimization (I/O) multi-year enhancement agenda.
• Successfully manages relationships within the organization and with third-party partners.
• Leads successful transitions of product development to successful product management processes and procedures.
• Identifies and recommends changes to policies, procedures and reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Investments, Finance, Accounting or other related degree, or related experience
• 7+ years' experience in financial services industry, focused specifically on product development and/or management
• 3+ years’ experience in leading large and complex projects with heavy technology spend
• Strong attention to detail to ensure deadlines are met and work product is accurate
• Ability to work with advisors related to understanding their practice, accumulating feedback, addressing concerns
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships
• Excellent understanding of regulations and laws that impact Advisory platforms
• Strong relationship and collaboration, communications and influencing skills
• Highly developed critically thinking skills with common sense approach to problem solving
• Active Series 7 or the ability to obtain within 120 days
Job Family Group: