Federal Reserve Bank Manager, Program Management Office & ISSOs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Treasury Services department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis serves as fiscal agent for the US Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service supporting the Retail Program. Our department provides and supports various services related to the issuing and redemption of US savings bonds and marketable securities. This mission critical function relies significantly on technology to be successful, and this technology must be continually monitored, upgraded and enhanced to ensure we meet our objectives and are positioned well for the future.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, theManager of PMO & ISSOswill lead the cross-functional staff responsible for managing the roadmap of system upgrades and enhancements and overseeing the management of technology projects for the department. This role will collaborate with a wide variety of key stakeholders across the Bank, Fiscal Service, National IT and the Treasury Relations Support Office to ensure day-to-day objectives are met while longer-term projects and objectives are achieved.
- Provides direction to program/project managers, leads, and/or other staff regarding the development and implementation of solutions and processes, ensuring department and Fiscal Service defined objectives and priorities are met. Works with department officers and management team to formulate, implement and measure outcomes of strategic plans and projects.
- Leads and manages large scale and/or highly complex, multi-year technical projects involving multiple stakeholders, cross-functional and/or multi-District teams. Communicates and collaborates across functions to resolve complex business and/or technical issues. Works collaboratively in a team environment, contributes to technology vision, ensures customer needs are met, promotes a positive work environment, and effectively manages teams through transitions and change.
- Leads the team to establish best practices and standard artifacts for project management; ensures compliance.
- Accountable for the successful completion and follow-up of all information security reviews, assessments, and audits.
- Develops, motivates, and evaluates performance of staff, which includes managing staff to identify developmental assignments and training opportunities, working with individuals on their career goals, delegating responsibilities, providing timely feedback and evaluating performance. Plays a key role in employment matters, including those involving hiring, retention and performance optimization, salary recommendations, and decisions related to the termination of employment.
- Drives effective processes to foster internal collaboration and enhance efficiency.
Assists department officers with significant additional assignments, as appropriate and needed, in response to changing demands.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 8 years of broad technical and business experience in one or more of the following: project management, information security, technology support, or business support.
- Excellent skills in the following: oral and written communication, leadership, relationship-building, critical thinking, and judgment, analytical, and problem-solving. Advanced proficiency using standard business applications and software.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing/supervising staff in a technical or support function.
- Experience balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and finding good solutions that will work for all parties.
- Experience running or overseeing projects using both plan-driven (waterfall) and Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated commitment to work within a diverse environment and interact openly with individuals of different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for managing relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
/This position provides access to Treasury security sensitive matters, is risk rated HIGH, and as such requires the incumbent be a U.S. citizen./
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
• Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
• 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
• Paid time off and holidays
• Generously subsidized public transportation
• Annual educational assistance
• On-site fitness facility
• Professional development programs, training, and conferences
• And more…
The Minneapolis Fed is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists, we work together to represent you in our economy.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Title: Manager, Program Management Office & ISSOs
Requisition ID: 267532