Ameriprise Financial Manager, Event Technology. in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Streamline and enhance existing processes and research new technology and mobile app event trends in the industry.
Identify business requirements and process improvements, which include creating project and process specifications and conducting quality inspections. Facilitate requirement gathering and alignment with business and technology partners, while supporting projects under the direction of the leader or project manager. Solve complex system and system-related problems, resulting in timely and accurate document reporting and project team communication.
Full-Time / Part-Time:
About Our Company:
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
• 5-7 years of active Cvent experience
• Meeting Professional background preferred
• Bachelor's Degree
• Proficiency in Cvent platform (Cvent certification / Master User preferred)
• Basic knowledge of image editing software, and understanding of web/graphic design, internet and e-commerce terminology
• Understanding of business, social and event protocols; collaborative team player
• Extremely detail-oriented, independent, with the ability to maintain accuracy while managing multiple, concurrent projects with timelines
Line of Business:
CorpComm & CommunityRelations
Manager, Event Technology.
• Gather business information and incorporate into project plans with project manager or lead. Provide timely and accurate documents and communication to project team.
• Work on complex projects in identifying business requirements, creating project and process specifications for new and/or enhanced systems.
• Solve a variety of complex system and system-related problems for the business as it relates to business requirements and technology, in addition to helping design or implement systems.
• Identify and implement process improvements, which includes a quality inspection. Drive quantifiable results through facilitating interaction with the business.
• Design and build robust event registration sites, mobile apps, surveys, and communications that provide an exceptional user experience, as well as analyze and maintain year-over-year registration and meeting app data.
• Collaborate and oversee all aspects of program website design and development, understanding system capabilities and reporting parameters to ensure data is captured appropriately for reporting purposes.
• Maintain event registration websites, electronic invitation, and confirmations; manage development of event communications such as online information, surveys, and push notifications.
• As the CVENT administrator, ensure efficient use of CVENT platform and tools; keeping up to date of on new technologies that enhance the process, design, or manageability of the platform.
• Solid analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use statistical analysis and modeling.
• Ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
• Ability to understand technology as it relates to the business and may require product or system certifications.
• Experience in providing accurate, timely & responsive services on complex problems.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the department and across business functions.
• Ability to communicate technology related information and clearly detail implementation processes.
• Ability to effectively manage the test life cycle, ensuring user requirements are met and stakeholders are aligned with solution.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Job Family Group:
Business Support & Operations