Federal Reserve Bank IT Project Manager III/IV, Treasury Services in Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Treasury Services department at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis serves as fiscal agent for the US Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service supporting the Retail Program. Our department provides and supports various services related to the issuing and redemption of US savings bonds and marketable securities. This mission critical function relies significantly on technology to be successful, and this technology must be continually monitored, upgraded, and enhanced to ensure we meet our objectives and are well-positioned for the future.
The Treasury Services department is seeking anIT Project Managerskilled in both Agile and traditional waterfall methodologies to oversee local and national Federal Reserve System technology projects. The successful candidate will manage a variety of technology and non-technology projects including software upgrades, platform and software migrations, development and deployment of new service offerings, and business driven projects in support of key Treasury Services business line or Reserve Bank objectives.
- Lead, coordinate, and monitor multiple project management activities for a variety of moderate to large complexity technology projects related to new products, services, web solutions or automated systems implementation, as well as non-technology projects to enhance our business operations.
- Prepare and deliver professional communications and presentations (both written and verbal).
- Perform agile and waterfall project management activities including project initiation, planning, execution, implementation and closure, and ensuring compliance with Federal Reserve Bank and System standards, methodologies, and guidelines.
- Plan and track all external team dependencies and help resolve bottle necks
- For agile projects, facilitate/participate in key agile rituals such as sprint planning sessions and retrospectives across Scrum teams, monitor and report on key agile performance metrics to the leadership team.
- Support all deployments including any alignment required for deployment of dependent applications/products.
- Provide guidance to help breakdown large features into smaller stories that can deliver value fast; drive solutions to unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business.
- Analyze our current project management processes, prioritize areas of improvement, and work alongside key stakeholders to implement the improvements.
- Coordinate and monitor all stages of project management including budgeting, technology assessments, cost/benefit analyses, risk assessments, business process redesign, application testing, end-user training, communications, project implementations and post-implementation support.
- Direct project teams and assign individual responsibilities, tasks, and technical functions.
- Serve as the key liaison between the project team, vendors, Bank management, and play a primary role in coordinating workgroups.
- Bachelor’s degree with course work or degree in business administration, computer science, management information systems or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 years of broad project management experience and/or technical experience in automated systems and information systems development projects. (Level IV requires 8 or more years of technical experience in automated systems and systems development projects, including program management of large-scale, highly complex automation projects.)
- 2 years leading agile projects as a project manager, Scrum master, or agile coach.
- Demonstrated experience with moderate and/or large, complex projects in a technical environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien with at least three years of legal residency in any visa category.
- (Preferred) PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; Agile/Scrum certification; experience working with virtual teams; familiarity with multiple platforms and technologies such as: Clarity, SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook; proficiency in MS Office products.
/This position provides support for the Treasury fiscal agency functions, is risk rated Moderate, and as such requires the incumbent be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien with at least three years of legal residency in any visa category./
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
• Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
• 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
• Paid time off and holidays
• Generously subsidized public transportation
• Annual educational assistance
• On-site fitness facility
• Professional development programs, training and conferences
• And more…
The Minneapolis Fed is committed to developing a diverse workforce and providing an inclusive environment where all employees are respected and valued. We believe that we can foster development opportunities for all and reach our full potential by recognizing the unique experiences and identities of each of our colleagues. From economists to cash specialists, we work together to represent you in our economy.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Title: IT Project Manager III/IV, Treasury Services
Requisition ID: 267533