Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in McLean, Virginia
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Cyber is an essential element of Space’s strategy for growth as these skillsets have become essential to meeting customer and internal needs. In support of new programs, our Cyber Exploitation teams are building capabilities and specialized tools and techniques. We are increasing focus and emphasis on our customers’ hardest problems, including challenges unique to the realm of cyber security tools and integrated effects.
In this role, you will:
• Demonstrate initiative while working with others (contractors and staffers), be flexible, team-oriented, and be able to communicate with non-technical users.
• Attend technological conferences and user groups meetings.
• Provide GIS Support and the capability to troubleshoot user problems with ArcGIS. The GIS Support personnel shall be able to import and manipulate GIS data in all of its forms, including vector and raster data, and shall be able to import and manipulate imagery from multiple sources (NTM and commercial).
• Provide extensive ArcGISPro knowledge to provide ArcGISPro support, user training and data management.
• As needed, provide one-on-one training on the use of GIS tools for new analysts in the division and provide training solutions for users who require maintenance training with GIS. Training also includes communicating systems upgrades (e.g. differences between ARC 3 and keeping up with the latest trends in GIS Technology.
• Manage the Geodata located on the L drive.
• Be responsible for receiving, translating, registering, and rectifying Geodata, and for writing ArcAML to accommodate data ingest, scanning documents, adjusting color, and providing assistance to analysts to acquire needed data.
• Provide extensive ArcPY Knowledge to manipulate data and automate maps.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Demonstrated experience working with ArcGIS.
• 3+ years of experience working with all-source data in a GIS environment.
• Prior experience in Esri-based and/or Intergraph-based GIS Products.
• Familiar with Python scripting experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs