CVS Health Executive Director, HR Business Partner - Washington D.C. Metro Area in Maryland, United States
Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
As the Executive Director, Human Resources Business Partner - Pharmacy you will support the Division Vice President who leads the East Coast Pharmacy team of approximately 1,000-1,600 CVS stores and 30,000 colleagues. In this role, you and your team of HR professionals will be responsible for developing and executing various strategies for the Division. Utilizing the human resources centers of excellence, you will to advise to develop divisional people strategies and align, build and execute to address the current and future direction of the business.
You’ll make an impact by:
• Partner with Retail and Pharmacy Divisional Operations Leaders to develop and execute both long and short term business plans, providing input beyond the HR strategy
• Challenge business partners think differently regarding HR and operational issues; Act as a thought partner, challenging current thinking and modeling creative problem-solving to impact business decisions
• Identify the HR levers (selection, job design, training, compensation, recognition) that will improve the impact of organizational capability on business outcomes
• Partner with HR peers (HRBPs and COE) to provide integrated solutions to the business
• Drive talent development strategies and goal setting for Store colleagues and Field Management
• Partner with COE’s to create and execute engagement and labor relations strategies.
• Team with business leaders to organize their optimal structure and human capital requirements
• Evaluate and adjust human capital based on business needs in partnership Business Leaders
• Champion a change capable organization that helps colleagues to thrive in a constantly changing environment
• Orchestrate the pace and process of change (i.e. new rollouts, programs, tools, etc.) to ensure delivery of outcomes by helping leaders to clearly articulate critical few behaviors to inspire colleagues and build openness
• Assess commitment and sustainability of change(s) using a variety of methods to gather colleague perspective
• Broker advising, project, and other work with Centers of Excellence, using Enterprise resources and expertise
• Diagnose issues at a Division level and engages appropriate COE expertise • Share key insights and actions based on HR data and metrics
• Utilize trend reporting to help Leaders make business improvements; sponsors new ideas/solutions; takes initiative to improve results
• Enthusiastically identify future trends and potential root causes
• Anticipate and probe into the core of problems to determine underlying patterns, root causes and identify and implement optimal short- and long- term solutions
• Demonstrate technology, tools, and resources to optimize organizational effectiveness (people, process, policy)
• Ensure selection and talent management tools are being used effectively by all
• Integrate relevant data and information (for example, labor statistics, seasonal data, unique market characteristics, local labor supply, organizational planning), and apply the findings to positively impact the Divisional HR strategy
• Make recommendations for specific compensation changes; ensures fairness in all compensation related decisions
• Partner with Advice and Counsel COE as needed to ensure all policies and procedures are being communicated
• Recognize, articulate and shape company culture
• Ensure teams are exhibiting the CVS Health values and partner with them to shadow appropriate behaviors
• Consistently uphold culture norms publicly
• Drive diversity awareness and demonstrate behaviors that create a culture of acceptance and inclusion
• Dedicatedly assess business for possible union vulnerability; work with Leaders and Labor Relations to resolve employee concerns, educate team to avoid union related issues
• Drive the development of innovative and effective processes designed to increase colleague engagement and organizational success
• Sustain Leader focus on engagement of colleagues; recognizes trends; designs and implements solutions
The candidate will have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and be able to be highly productive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. This position offers broad exposure to all aspects of the company’s business, as well as significant interaction with all the business leaders. The candidate will be expected to have the following key attributes:
• 10 years of strategic Human Resources experience
• 3+ years HR leadership
• Experience identifying business opportunities and create and implement people strategies to address.
• Confirmed ability to build and handle relationships with field or senior business leaders; ability to coach and develop colleagues at all levels
• Proven collaboration skills with business leadership and with members of the HR centers of excellence.
• Critical thinking skills; ability to develop, document and communicate strategies
• Experience gathering data, analyzing issues, identifying core causes and address opportunities related to a diverse and dynamic slate of business challenges
• Recognizing development gaps and partnering across groups to solve them; strong facilitation and training skills
• Worked to triage and prioritize challenging priorities
• Project and change management skills to respond to short and long term business priorities
• Ability to impact, influence and drive action and accountability in others
• SHRM Certification
• Experience working in unionized environments
• Candidate must reside in the Washington D.C. Metro area – 30-50% travel - VA, MD, Washington D.C, and NC
• Advanced Degree preferred
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
The typical pay range for this role is:
$131,500.00 - $297,250.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. This position also includes an award target in the company’s equity award program. In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies. For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.
- CVS Health Jobs