Dairy Farmers of America Assoc Credit & Collections Analyst (Hybrid) in Mansfield, Massachusetts
Position : Assoc Credit & Collections Analyst (Hybrid)
Location : Mansfield, MA
Requisition ID: : 15876
The Collection Analyst is responsible for contacting key DFA Dairy Brands customers to collect past due receivable balances. This will include negotiation of payment arrangements, resolution of customer disputes and working with internal teams to accomplish KPI’s, objectives.
The role will work closely with internal AR, Shared Service team members and Commercial Sales and Customer Service teams as necessary to resolve customer concerns causing delays in payments. The analyst will work with Collections management team on proper escalation of customers with payment issues. A strong customer service mindset is required for success.
The Collection Analyst will work closely with cross-functional departments and AR, Shared Service team members to coordinate daily workflow and ensure compliance with SLAs. This role will work closely with key customers and the cross-functional teams to understand and resolve issues while adhering to established company policies and procedures.
Daily aging report monitoring and follow through on collection to assure that delinquent accounts are worked based on priority, and in a timely manner to assure compliance with DSO and KPI targets.
Following procedures to assure that highly problematic delinquent accounts are moved to the next level of collections.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all customers within assigned A/R portfolio
Recommend accounts for credit review to credit analyst
Reconciliation of past due balances, with clear and concise communication to our customers, sales staff, and management to resolve disputed balances.
Develop awareness of the customer’s business and financial standing in the marketplace to support the credit review process.
Involved in reviewing the A/R portfolio to specifically identify and recommend accounts for Bad Debt write off for manager approval.
Work to reduce exceptions through root cause analysis and escalation
Analyze historical data to spot trends and problem areas that can be communicated to Commercial and Operations; aiding efforts to improve business processes and contract negotiations
Support Cash Applications with the resolution of customer inquiries on application of funds as needed
Assist with necessary customer communications
Ability to organize and interpret data as well as communicating analytic results/recommendations
Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to completion with sound business judgment
Ability to develop ad-hoc and monthly reports and utilize data as it relates to collections
Credit hold review and order releases per company policy guidelines
Special projects as assigned (training and account reconciliations)
Change Management and Project Leadership:
Support special projects with data through use of data mining tools and techniques or from OTC data files to resolve open issues
Participate as an SME on cross organizational projects (process and technology)
Identify process improvement opportunities and lead related change implementation
Serve as a change leader for process improvement and implementation of Shared Service best practices
BS/BBA, Accounting or other business-related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
Business experience required:
• Minimum of four years relevant, applicable and transferable experience in a corporate and/or Shared Services environment or equivalent (may be a developmental role based on prior skillset or degree)
• Knowledge of transactional processes and systems
• Significant attention to detail
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent negotiation & problem-solving skills
• Team player willing to help others through training, mentoring, and motivating staff to achieve Department and Company goals
• Exposure to AS400 accounts receivable systems, a plus
• Knowledge of collection laws
• NACM CBA designation desirable
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
• Customer Service Mentality; ability to build collaborative relationships with customers and internal business partners (Finance, Commercial, Accounting…..)
• Leads by example
• Clear and concise communication skills
• High Level of Accountability
• Organization-wide Perspective
• Results Orientation
• Financial Business Acumen
• Conceptual Thinking
• Process Improvement Mindset
• GAAP Accounting Knowledge
• Sense of Urgency
• Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) – office environment
• Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) General Office Demands
An Equal Opportunity Employer