Verisk QA Engineer in Málaga, Spain
Accountable for performing manual and automated testing of applications supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in project analysis.
· Lead analysis for the purposes of developing test cases for websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
· Perform hands-on manual testing while scripting automated tests to ensure application quality.
· Serve as a liaison to business analyst and product owner, providing feedback on application readiness for migrations.
· Provides technical guidance to junior testers and other team members.
Skills and Knowledge
· Technically familiar with development concepts and formats such as SQL, XML, JSON and scripting languages.
· Provide input in prioritizing, estimating, and defining acceptance criteria
· Clearly define test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
· Provide usability and functionality feedback to developers
· Interact with customers on issues and provide recommendations
· Ability to build automated test scripts
· Plan tests and strategies according to the project
· Thorough and disciplined, ability to analyze a problem and weight severity of the issue.
· Dedicated worker skilled at collaborating in a team setting.
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of proven experience in software development industry, participating in team environment
· 3+ years of experience in automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver
· 3+ years of proven experience in testing web services such as RESTful API.
· 2+ years of proven experience in performance testing using tools such as Apache JMeter.
· Familiarity with programming languages such as Java, C# .Net.
· Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
· Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
· Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence as well as Zephyr.
· Familiarity with Agile [Scrum]
· Experience in testing non-GUI applications (SQL, Flat Files, XML, and etc.)
· Familiarity working in a Continuous Integration atmosphere
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice