LSEG Senior Manager, People Function (fixed-term contract) in London, United Kingdom
Analyses the business to identify and recommend HR priorities to support business agenda. Providing direction and staff management to HR team, ensuring activities are focused on key business issues and that an effective operational service is provided. Reviews and guides on wider HR activities or initiatives generated by central or global groups. Liaising with these groups to ensure they are aware of business requirements. Ensuring a consistent approach to HR activities and compliance with regional and global policies and legal requirements whilst adhering to local statutory requirements under employment legislation. May be project owner on certain elements of a project, will provide HR resource to business projects to ensure proper focus on people/organisation aspects of the project. Providing direction for the business in all matters associated with staff and will coach business unit management teams to enhance individual and team capability in areas of HR operations activity, such as the annual HR cycle.
Knowledge & Skill :
• In-depth business and managerial knowledge of a department or sub-function.
• Good knowledge and understanding of related functions
• Applies understanding of current industry trends to analyze and review diverse issues
• Demonstrates people leadership skills
Scope of Impact :
• Provides management and leadership to team leaders or supervisors
• Full accountability for a sub-unit within a department or sub-function
• Assigns work, allocates resources, monitors results, controls costs and manages staff
• Interprets internal and external business issues and recommend solutions
• Applies a broad perspective to identify solutions to complex problems
Strategic Planning & Decision Making :
• Develops departmental plans, including business, production and organizational priorities, which support overall business strategy
• Issues instructions on standard practices and policy application; follows up to determine compliance
• Implements processes to produce desired changes in product line, function, or assigned area of responsibility
• Directs the resolution of complex or unusual technical, operational and organizational problems which may be multi-disciplinary
• Decisions are guided by resource availability, business unit or functional business plans, impacting support and funding of projects, products, services or technologies
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.