LSEG Employee Relations Manager in London, United Kingdom
Reporting to the Head of Employee Relations, providing advisory and employee relations case management support to the HR community and the business.
Partners with HR colleagues in Centres of Expertise and HR Operations to resolve ER cases, deliver solutions that meet desired business outcomes, minimises risk, and upholds the values of the organisation.
· First line ER support to line managers, providing advice and guidance to manage ER cases to resolution.
· Consult with wider Employee Relations team on complex queries and cases. Delivers ER service to HR, line managers and employees.
· Supports line managers to resolve complex ER cases and queries to resolution.
· Consults with internal employment legal counsel as appropriate.
· Consults with payroll team on HR / payroll joint processes (exits for eg).
· Partners with Service Delivery colleagues on operational processes where relevant.
· Act as a point of contact for escalation of ER cases from the HR Operations team.
Consults external legal counsel as required for UK legal advice
Liaison with approved 3rd party suppliers supporting role delivery (examples include occupational health, outplacement providers)
To act as first point of contact for mid-complex level ER queries.
Advises and manages the end to end process for allocated ER cases, focussing on grievances, disciplinaries and long term absence management.
Support with any review of policy and harmonisation as appropriate
Assist with management of exits, including Reduction in Force activity and assistance in documentation protocol/preparation
Advises managers on policy in line with current legislation and drives consistent application of policy and procedure, escalating issues as appropriate.
Champions areas of expertise, keeping wider HR team up to date with changes in best practice, statutory changes and process improvement
Input and maintain record of cases within ER case management system
Experience of independently managing employee relations cases, with demonstrated behaviours and approach that model the organisational values.
An understanding of UK employment law and its practical application to facilitate achievement of business outcomes.
Effective oral and written communication that resonates with the target audience.
Influencing and negotiation skills, whilst demonstrating the ability to build good working relationships with business, HR stakeholders and ER colleagues.
Planning and prioritising with ability to adapt as required by business need.
Challenging behaviours appropriately in order to move situation forward positively.
Accustomed to working with internal and external legal counsel.
Good knowledge of Workday, ServiceNow systems.
Confidence with Powerpoint and Excel.
CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD qualification.
· High ethical standards and undertakes own work whilst exercising discretion and confidentiality.
· Strong team player, able to build rapport and not operate in a silo
· Structured approach to problem solving with the ability to take intelligent risks without making assumptions or jumping to conclusions; ability to identify and escalate problems and issues appropriately.
· Takes a customer centric approach to their work, with the ability to influence stakeholders and build trust.
· Ability to understand the bigger picture, work through ambiguity and ability to see the longer term implications of actions taken.
· Well organised and detail oriented.
· Flexibility and ability to multitask, to rise to the challenge of large volumes of work during peak periods of HR activity and has the ability to deal with conflicting priorities.
· Positive, ‘can do’ approach.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.