Black & Veatch Construction Manager - U.K. in London, United Kingdom
Construction Manager - U.K.
Date: Aug 5, 2022
London, GT LON, GB GB
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Req Id : 81169
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project : Yes
By joining our BV Construction group, you will have the ability to develop and enhance your skills in an on-site, hands-on environment. We are committed to providing our construction professionals with expert training, career development, and career advancement to allow for continuous professional development. Our management is committed to the latest advances in technology, above class support and sustainability to bring our clients the best service in safety, quality, and final product. Functions in our group include safety, project field management, construction management, quality control, start up and decommissioning and field engineering.
We are seeking a Construction Site Manager with EVI (electric vehicle infrastructure), telecom, electrical and/or solar experience. This position is responsible for the successful execution of subcontracted engineering and construction projects. The Site Manager has authority to allocate resources and make decisions for the assigned area in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides and Contractual Commitments. This position will get to work on EV charging station installations and drive feasibility, engineering and construction activities. Individual is accountable to ensure safety, quality, schedule, cost and customer satisfaction on assigned projects. Must be able to reconcile engineering and construction activities and manage scope change during execution. A strong understanding of engineering and construction practices, safety standards and organizational skills is a must.
• Serves as the main point of contact between engineering and construction subcontractors, Black & Veatch project professionals and client representatives.
• Responsible for Safety & Quality inspections on all assigned engineering and construction sites (projects).
• Conducts daily and weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors.
• Provides oversight of engineering and construction execution on multiple sites (projects) working concurrently.
• Must be able to maintain and manage subcontractor relationships, assuring work is performed in accordance with project requirements.
• Interfaces direct with onsite client representative for contractor access and to ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner.
• Must be able to take corrective action as necessary.
• Must be able to develop and monitor project schedule, resources and cost estimates.
• Records and reports project status and performance data as required to management and client representatives.
• Completes the quality control punchlist and drive open issues to closure in a timely manner.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities, which will add value.
Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering; or relevant heavy industrial experience.
2 years of experience with a degree; or 3 years of experience at Superintendent level.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience
3+ years of relevant (Solar, Electrical and/or Telecommunication industry) Construction Experience.
Must be knowledgeable in quality construction practices.
Experience with engineering or construction of EV infrastructure is an advantage.
Experience with online engineering and construction project management databases.
Conflict management skills.
Leadership (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising, etc.).
Problem solving skill (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve).
Due diligence with the ability to create your own schedule and drive issues to closure.
Relevant certifications in construction management and/or engineering.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
• See and hear naturally or with correction.
• Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
• Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
• Requires repetitive movement.
• May require work above 5 feet in height.
• Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
• Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
• Typical construction site environment:
• Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
• Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
• Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
• Work around hazardous equipment.
• Typical office environment.
• This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
CNS: Construction Services
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Job Segment: Construction, Construction Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Field Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs