Lockheed Martin RF Engineer Staff Member for Signal Processing in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Digital Signal Processing System Designer
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company is looking for top talent to architect and design RF digital processing systems. The selected candidate will work to establish a complete system design solution that considers the full spectrum of signal processing technologies including:
• Communications (voice and video) signal compression protocols to support all mission areas (Military, Special Programs and Commercial)
• Special RF Signal processing
• Secure Communications systems (i.e. with frequency hopping and crypto requirements)
• User hand held equipment
• Ground Networks
• Satellite Transponders
• Satellite Antennas
The Signal Processing Systems Engineer will:
• Work with program and customer requirements to understand total system throughput goals.
• Identify or use customer directed signal processing protocols to be used in system capacity calculations.
• Use, maintain, and develop tools for the purpose of evaluating and demonstrating signal processing algorithm performance.
• Perform trades of ground, user, and satellite configurations to maximize system capability
• Create top level requirements for ground, satellite and user equipment.
• Work with satellite communications and antenna systems architects to establish detailed satellite systems architectures.
• Within the satellite communications payload, establish the Analog-RF interface to the digital processor and collaborate with the digital processor hardware subject matter experts to identify and implement the digital processor signal processing architecture.
The position is located in Littleton, CO
RF Engineering, Radio Frequency, Digital Signal Processing, DSP, Payloads Engineering, Spacecraft Flight Hardware, Satellite Communications, SATCOM, System Design of Digital Communication Systems, CPE, HFSS, CST, FEKO, MiCian, WIPL-D, Microwave, Antennas, Receivers, Reflectors and Transmitters.
Desired Skills: • Prior End to End Communications System Archictecture development experience
• Prior experience developing, implementing, and evaluating signal processing algorithms.
• Prior experience in satellite communications system design
• Active SCI Clearance
• Appropriate education or combination of education and experience in signal processing systems.
• Knowledge of voice and video communications systems coding protocols
• Ability to understand end to end signal processing design and operation in a manner that results in the ability to design systems and establish performance modeling strategies.
• The ability to understand and define satellite communications payload analog to digital interfaces.
• Understanding of the inner workings of a communications system digital processor.
• High Level mathematics skills
• Near expert level capabilities in Excel and MatLab
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Ability to work diligently in a self directed manner adhering to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
• Must have the ability to attain an SCI Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.