Aerotek Payment Poster in Linthicum, Maryland
Aerotek is currently seeking a Payment Poster to work in the Linthicum, MD area.
The Payment Poster ensures that payments are posted, reconciled and reported accurately for all professional fee billing. Determines if applied payments should be refunded; researches patient’s accounts on all requested refunds and credit balances and completes necessary paperwork to finalize refund process.
- Receives and records all non-electronic payments from lockbox or other locations on a daily basis.
- Reconciles all payment, adjustment and refund batches to the daily journal. Resolves any out of balance batches before closing.
- Update patient demographic information into Billing System as required from information received through the lockbox.
- Posts all manual payments, adjustments and rejections to the correct patient account. Transfers secondary balances to the correct payor or patient as the account dictates. Forwards copies of rejections or incorrect payments to the Accounts Receivable Specialist for research and resolution.
- Informs the Billing Supervisor of any insurance payment issues (payment below fee schedule, rejection of specific services) and works to resolve the issue, as appropriate.
- Keeps daily work and batches in an organized manner to facilitate access.
- Posts all unapplied cash to the appropriate service and patient account. Researches all credit balance accounts to ensure balance is actual credit prior to processing refunds for both insurance and patient amounts, including receiving refund checks, producing letters to patients and sending out checks and letters.
Payment Poster, Cash, Poster, Billing, AR, Coding, Medical, Office, EPIC, Healthcare, remittance, credit, clams, EMR, Clearinghouse
Top Skills Details:
Medical Billing Payment posting Cash posting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a payment poster in medical setting -Experience in multispecialty,large practice or business office -Epic experience preferred - Would need to be familiar with Medicare remittance and managing takebacks and retractions
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs