GEHA Manager - Contact Center Technology in Lee’s Summit, Missouri
GEHA (Government Employees Health Association, Inc., pronounced G.E.H.A.) is a nonprofit member association that provides medical and dental benefits to more than two million federal employees and retirees, military retirees and their families. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
GEHA has one mission: To empower federal workers to be healthy and well.
Offering one of the largest medical and dental benefit provider networks available to federal employees in the United States, GEHA empowers health and wellness by meeting its members where they are, when they need care. We serve our members with products they value and a personalized customer experience, sustained by a nimble and efficient organization.
Ensuring the contact center is well supported is a high priority at GEHA. Aiding members with questions or issues related to their health insurance can make or break the entire day for a Customer Care Representative. This position would manage the contact center technical support team. Both the manager and their staff are responsible for working directly with the Customer Care team on their needs. In addition, the team members will provide recommendations to make the contact center more efficient. There will be multiple projects/work streams going on at the same time. These will require interaction with other technology teams. The Contact Center Support manager will supervise a team of business analysts and developers.
· Work with contact center leadership to outline a roadmap for improvements to both processes and applications
· Lead and direct large scale, complex, cross functional projects by reviewing requirements and providing both milestones and resources
· Work with staff to translate requirements into technical solutions
· Oversee IVR call flow design and development
· Work with the quality team to confirm all changes pass before promoting to production
· Ensure team can be reactive as needed to address urgent contact center needs
· Set the priority of work for team members and monitor the progress to ensure milestones are met
· Perform root cause analysis on defects or issues. Communicate findings to leadership
· Establish departmental processes, procedures, and documentation requirements
· Coordinate closely with not only the contact center business partners, but also the telecom engineering and infrastructure teams
· May negotiate with vendors on statement of work and contract terms
· Responsible for employee selection, performance management and disciplinary decisions
· Summarize and communicate status and issues to the team and leadership
· Strategic thinker and partner to technology leaders and business partners
· Good understanding of business processes and (digital) transformation and how they relate to customer experience technology
· Ability to keep abreast of contact center telephony markets, solutions, contact center designs and personalized IVR experience
· Influence infrastructure planning and operations, design, and deployment, as well as system life cycle management
· Provide routine Leadership updates including Vice Presidents, Chief Officer and IT Directors
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree (120 credit hours) from an accredited college/university in discipline to be managed.
· Requires three - five years of managerial experience along with experience in the discipline to be managed.
· Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education.
· Requires strong analytic and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to identify solutions and recommendations that effectively address business and control needs along with how to train and guide others in this area.
· Requires the ability to multi-task effectively, responding to changing business priorities and deadlines.
· Requires the ability to work collaboratively with team members across multiple divisions and departments.
· Requires a proven record of meeting commitments and achieving goals through the encouragement, guidance and influencing of others.
· Requires a self-starter personality.
· Requires highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Requires flexibility and willingness to work with a wide range of personalities on a variety of projects while prioritizing effectively.
· Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
· Experience with Avaya on premise telephony platform
· Understanding of IVR call flow design and development
· Basic understanding of telephony network and infrastructure
· Familiar with contact center metrics and how they impact callers
· Experience with NICE call recording and workforce management
Must have the ability to provide a non-cellular High Speed Internet Service such as Fiber, DSL, or cable Modems for a home office.
A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 30x5 (30mpbs download x 5mpbs upload) is required.
Latency (ping) response time lower than 80 ms
Hotspots, satellite and wireless internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
How we value you
Competitive pay/salary ranges
Health/Vision/Dental benefits effective day one
401(k) retirement plan: company match – dollar for dollar up to 4% employee contribution (pretax or Roth options) plus a 6% annual company contribution
Robust employee well-being program
Paid Time Off
Personal Community Enrichment Time
Company-provided Basic Life and AD&D
Company-provided Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Assistance Program
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. GEHA considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
The annual base salary range for this position is $116,620 - $163,380 USD.
GEHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on sex, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, military status, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, as well as all other characteristics and qualities protected by federal, state, or local law. GEHA will not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our diversity drives innovation deepens connections and strengthens our organization.
GEHA is headquartered in Lee's Summit, Missouri, in the Kansas City area. We recognize the importance of balance and flexibility and offer hybrid and work-from-home options for many of our roles.
An Executive Order was released stating that federal contractors must require COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As a company that works on federal contracts, we have a legal requirement to comply with the executive order, if it is enforced.
GEHA (Government Employees Health Association, Inc., pronounced G.E.H.A.) is a nonprofit member association that provides medical and dental benefits to more than two million federal employees and retirees, military retirees and their families. Offering one of the largest medical and dental benefit provider networks available to federal employees in the United States, GEHA empowers health and wellness by meeting its members where they are, when they need care. A mong our core values is embracing diversity and inclusion, where we thrive by creating an environment in which each of our employees feels a sense of belonging, can engage their full potential and focus on enriching our people, culture and community.
Your FUTURE is here with us – COME GROW WITH GEHA!
Benefits start on day one! Great 401(k) match! Tuition assistance programs! Professional development! Advancement opportunities!
For additional information, please visit GEHA Careers. (https://www.geha.com/careers)