Universal Forest Products Estimator in Lafayette, Colorado
- Minimum high school graduate. Preferred bachelor degree in related discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related field/responsibilities.
- Minimum 2 years of experience framing single-family or multi-family homes
- Working knowledge and experience using AutoCAD and Timberline software is preferred
Skills and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Ability to read, understand and interpret building codes
- Strong math skills including algebra and trigonometry
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to learn estimating software
- Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including customers, builders, peers, and management
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize and prioritize work, to meet deadlines, and work under little supervision
- Ability to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time, be mobile in the work environment, and work hours mandated by management.
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Self-managing; works well under little supervision
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Be a team player and support the Company's goals
Conducts in a professional manner
Provides loose lumber/material estimates.
- Communicates effectively with all organizational levels and builder representatives.
- Provides problem-solving solutions using Building Codes and product information.
- Prepares detailed construction proposals from customer blueprints for customer presentation.
- Assists in training and development of other estimators as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled