Watco Companies L.L.C. Clerk in KS, United States
Responsible for general yard office duties; telephone coverage, coordinating schedules and appointments, material handling/receiving, typing, delivering and/or posting documents, e-mail, creating and maintaining spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations, reporting and maintaining records, contracts and files.
• Greet and direct visitors
• Respond to inquiries by local, state, and federal agencies
• Manage track agreements
• Maintain vehicle and driver files, project files, and utility permits
• Manage the renewal of registrations
• Update crossing inventory
• Prepare production reports
• Prepare derailment reports
• Order PPE and office supplies
• Maintain scaling truck/scale
• Maintain correspondences via telephone and e-mail
• Complete invoicing
• Receipt ballast
• Assist other departments as needed
Education/Experience: High School degree minimum, Associate degree preferred or 3 years of work-related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other applications as required
• Experienced with financial reporting / general ledger information systems
• Strong organizational, and administration skills
• Ability to work well independently and in a team. Shorthand/speedwriting skills are helpful
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Strong grammar and editing skills are required
• Must be able to handle confidential matters discreetly, work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel, including senior management (internal and external)
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on importance and time frames.
• Ability to collect and compile data, define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to write legibly.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers, management, and business contacts in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
• Able to travel on a limited basis
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to stand and walk to file cabinets, office equipment and supplies, and other offices 15% of time. Must be able to sit at desk to perform duties 75% of time. Must be able to use hands to finger and feel keys on keyboards and calculators 75% of time. Must be able to reach with hands and arms to file, grasp, and maneuver paperwork; and/or reach and operate personal computer and office equipment 100% of time. Must be able to stoop or kneel to reach file drawers, cabinets 5% of time. Must have close vision and ability to adjust focus to operate personal computer, calculate, compile and enter information from timesheets and timecards. Must be able to talk and hear to communicate with co-workers, workers in other locations, business associates, and management 100% of time.
Physical Dimensions: The employee in this job is required to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force regularly.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the essential functions of this job, the team member is in an office environment.