Shell Business Analyst in Krakow, Poland
No. of Positions:
• Financial Stewardship on Iraq Above Asset cost, Master Services Agreement and Secondee Services Agreement with BGC, manage 200-million-dollar service agreement, take a leading role to ensure cost recovery,
• Responsible for correct, reliable and meaningful master data in SAP to enable value adding MI and understanding of key cost drivers impact, reasonable variance analysis and interventions
• Contribute to preparation of Group Reporting /Management Information Reporting and Review, providing insightful commentaries and variance analysis to Financial Statements. Take ownership for quality of data and analysis with specific venture focus, and for specific KPIs for NOV Iraq (NIBIAT, Cashflow, Production, Working Capital)
• Performance Management: delivered on a regular/timely basis, cost tracking, volume and price impact on cash and earnings, working capital analysis, resolving reporting issues and providing steers on financial queries to functional colleagues,
• Ensure operational and design effectiveness of the controls over financial reporting within areas of responsibility,
• Driving Local Statutory Reporting & Audits,
• Perform balance sheet account reconciliation (approver/reviewer role),
• Provide support on complex accounting issues and expertise to stakeholders on Group Accounting Standards and IFRS matters and implementations,
• Participate / lead Reporting and Analysis process projects across various locations – World Class Closure,
• Support the forecasts (LE) process, contribute into development of credible, affordable and competitive Business Plans and budgets including operational, economic and financial KPIs,
• Comply with team, Shell Business Operations, process and global policies and procedures,
• Initiate and lead process improvements,
Ability to work in very dynamic environment being responsible for broaden range of finance actives.
The nature of the role can result in periods of high workload and all team members are expected to contribute and demonstrate flexibility, so that all key milestones are met, and deliverables submitted.
The sensitivity of working with most confidential, market-sensitive data
Auto req ID:
Country of Work Location:
Shell in Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, a job at Shell will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of 5 Business Operations centres located worldwide, we will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and stakeholders.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
Comfortable working environment: Newly-built modern office with its own canteen, relax rooms, bike & car parking space
Yearly bonuses and lots of non-monetary benefits (e.g. MultiSport Card, vouchers for cultural and free time activities, 12 sport sections, and many more)
Complex medical care and individual life insurance
Additional funds for trainings and certifications
Bonus for referring your friend to work
People with disabilities are welcome to apply as we provide reasonable accommodations and assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities.
We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Skills & Requirements
• University degree in a finance related discipline with preference for a professional qualification and/or certification like CIMA, ACCA,
• At least 5-7 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting,
• Thorough understanding of financial and management accounting,
• Strong analytical and numerical skills, advanced Excel skills is a must
• Build trust and confidence in cooperation within Finance Operations,
• Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport with multiple stakeholders. Able to work across organizational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and ability to address non-standard, ad-hoc queries
• Ability to recognize underlying issues, proactively develop and implement appropriate solutions
• Very good command of English or other language - depending on business needs.
• Exposure or experience with continuous improvement is welcomed, as well as a curious mindset
City, State (if applicable):
- Shell Jobs