Federal Reserve Bank SRM Administrative Assistant in Kansas City, Missouri
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Supervision and Risk Management Support Solutions department. As a member of our team you will provide administrative support for management and officers. Your support will include preparing, revising, and developing documents. You will also maintain calendars, manage emails, prioritize and monitor project deadlines, and manage appointments. Making travel arrangements and completing various projects are some, but not all of the other duties you will have. Our Administrative Assistants work in an environment that requires a high degree of cooperation and professionalism. You must be able to handle confidential material, and use good judgement when working with and communicating information related to various Bank, System, client, and program functions. To be successful in this position you must possess great customer service and interpersonal communication skills and have great attention to detail and organizational skills.
Specific activities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and/or monitor calendar(s), emails, and deadlines. Coordinate and schedule meetings and conference calls as requested.
- Receive, screen, and direct incoming calls, visitors, and correspondence.
- Responds to inquiries by gathering complete and relevant information and refers inquiry to appropriate contact.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare travel itineraries, and submit travel reimbursements.
- Handle meeting and event planning details including, but not limited to, coordination with Conference Center team regarding room reservations and setups, hotel block reservations, catering, and audio-visual needs.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, meeting agendas, presentation materials, etc. in consultation with business leaders.
- Serves as a resource to others by proofreading documents for proper Bank style, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and formatting; recommends related revisions.
- Perform various duties such as data entry, maintaining time and attendance records, purchasing office supplies, managing purchasing card expenditures, and monthly reconciliations.
- Organizes and maintains department filing systems and management’s office files (paper or electronic) and is responsible for adhering to record retention guidelines.
- Assist with supporting new and current employee needs, including location moves, and technology access and asset requests.
- Provides back-up support for other administrative assistants as needed.
- Typically requires at least one year of administrative assistant experience and a High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least three years of administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Microsoft certifications preferred), various Internet applications, e-mail applications, and information sharing databases.
- Working knowledge of audio/visual equipment and ability to troubleshoot minor problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with high profile public contacts and/or external customers.
- Strong project management and analytical skills preferred.
Enhanced Screening (Non-Treasury):This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened include, education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Certain eligibility requirements apply. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed. We/[Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City]/are committed to building a diverse workplace, and are continually striving to achieve this goal. As such, we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Title: SRM Administrative Assistant
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 268499