Hallmark Hallmark Greetings Merchants - Core & Multicultural Card lines in Kansas City, Missouri
Hallmark Greetings Merchants - Core & Multicultural Card lines
Apply now »
Date: Jul 15, 2021
Location: Kansas City, MO, US, 64108
Company: Hallmarkreqid: 96903
HALLMARK - WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD
Come join us. You’ll add value to one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands and be part of our company with a life-affirming purpose to inspire meaningful connections. Our products, content and experiences aim to enrich all lives by making a genuine difference in every life, every day, and our business is focused on bringing the value and relevance of Diversity and Inclusion to every brand, product and person we touch. Our overarching enterprise D&I Framework and plans demonstrate our belief and value in having a diverse and inclusive workforce . Hallmark’s D&I efforts will continue to represent ongoing progress and reinforce our commitment, as will our intentional focus on bringing more diverse talent into our business and onto our teams. Hallmark has been recognized as one of Forbes and Statista 2020 Best employers for Diversity, Women and New Graduates .
The Merchant wi ll be responsible for owning the end-to-end management and execution of their assigned card category within the Greeting Card portfolio to ensure delivery of sales, profit, and retail performance goals. This is accomplished through leading a cross-functional team through the product planning cycle including program/product analysis, development of program plans and related model lines, influencing assortment planning, and leading ranking discussions with business partners to inform demand and inventory planning. This work is in support of ongoing program initiatives that support the commercialization of greetings strategies across a variety of retailers. These openings are for the Season Cards and Cultural Identity/Everyday Cards merchant openings.
The right candidate for this type of role will operate as the owner of their assigned business. He/she must be passionate about the consumer and intellectually curious about their business, demonstrate the ability to analyze their business, understand key drivers of the business and provide recommended insights and actions that deliver results as well as develop a deep understanding of the e2e process in order to project manage a cross-functional team to deliver upon key milestones. Critical to success is the ability to establish credibility while relying on expertise of others and developing collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners. Essential Duties and Accountabilities include:
1) Program Analytics and Situation Analysis :
• Lead and coordinate marketplace, situation, and competitive analyses; summarize learnings and recommended actions for executive audience - including synthesizing large volumes of data into useful insights and conclusions
• Create product sales analysis as input to the after-action assessment; partner with advanced analytics teams on larger program assessments or analytical initiatives
• Monitor weekly dashboard and understand product program performance (i.e. how a collection is performing, top sellers, etc.) as well as key retailer performance; ensure key insights lead to actions
• Build SKU lists and attributes and ensure data is clean for analysis
2) Develop program model lines and tactical plans:
• Translate product/program strategy into product model lines that balances performance data and customer/consumer needs. Incorporate competitive research into recommendations.
• Combine "art" and data to select SKUs to develop collection/feature strategies at shelf as well as selection for marketing and advertising for new high-visibility programs
• Develop model line summaries enabling cross-functional team to fully understand consumer/customer needs and deliverables, and associated tactical plans that provide direction to partners on “how” to execute strategy
• Understand and influence the end-to-end commercialization path, with awareness of programs all the way through to distribution, ship, and installation at retail
• Work with Senior Merchant to collaborate with key partners to develop financial estimates for programs
• As appropriate, work with Insights and Analytics team on research efforts
3) Assortment Plan
• Lead the development of the shelf strategy for predominant/commonly placed and max footage, including defining placement of highlights/features, in partnership with the assortment planner
• Create visual model lines for collections, end-caps and highly visible product for reviews with buyers/retailers
• Partner with cross-functional team to set the shelf as required for Program Review process
• Play a key role in customer linkage meetings related to assortment decisions to ensure goals of the customer as well as the business are met
• Partner with Senior Merchant and Assortment Planning Manager to conduct marketplace analysis for competitive take-over initiatives and marketplace awareness
4) Project Management
• Facilitate program meetings with the team to ensure key milestone deliverables are met
• Understand the end-to-end implications for choices and tradeoff decisions made and take necessary actions
• Own key communication related to program and stakeholder management; Represent merchant POV in program execution meetings, representing the intent of strategy & helping team solve problems aligned to that strategy
• Create and deliver effective presentations that condense large amounts of data into audience-appropriate content
• Lead effective decision-making processes by acquiring appropriate input and making decisions at the local level when possible; knowing when to elevate a decision and frame a decision for higher-level review
These are progressive roles that will be filled at level based on the skills and experience of each selected candidate.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years professional work experience in product development, assortment planning and/or marketing
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience in consumer/marketing analytics, product management, program plan development, inventory management, retail analytics, product economics, and/or business strategy
• Successful team leadership experience on a direct or indirect basis
• Proven abilities to communicate messages to diverse audiences
KEY COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIORS REQUIRED:
Able to articulate key trends, end-to-end business drivers, and external influences affecting his/her business
Uses data and financial analysis to evaluate, draw insights, articulate a point of view and act on product options and opportunities
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and checks.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At Hallmark, we help people feel connected to what matters. That’s true of our employees, just as it is our consumers. Providing benefits that support the lives and wellbeing of Hallmarkers is among the most important investments the company makes.
Hallmark benefits are designed to give you choices. Wherever you are in life, we want you to find the benefits that are right for you and your loved ones. Explore the Hallmark Benefits Guide (https://corporate.hallmark.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Hallmark_Benefit_Guide_Corporate.pdf) to learn more.
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City Job Segment: Advertising, Marketing
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: