Tri-County Mental Health Services Community-Based Clinician (Clay County Health Department) in Kansas City, Missouri
Community-Based Clinician (Clay County Health Department)
Title: Community-Based Clinician (Clay County Health Department)
Department: Community-Based Services
Salary Range: N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
Responsible for the provision of assessment, crisis intervention, and therapy in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team. This is a community based position, providing behavioral health services as part of an integrated team within the County Health Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provides comprehensive clinical and resource assessment including initial diagnosis to consumers referred by the County Health Department.
• Provides crisis services face-to-face and by telephone as needed.
• Provides individual therapy to consumers at the County Health Department.
• Provides case management activities associated with linking consumers to Tri-County Mental Health Services (TCMHS), as well as community resources as needed.
• Acts as a liaison between TCMHS and the County Health Department by providing direct services to consumers. Provides knowledge about behavioral health issues and trauma informed care practices.
• Utilizes independent judgment and decision-making regarding consumers being seen at the Health Department in determining the appropriate interventions.
• Completes clinical documentation in the electronic medical record in the time frame required, which clearly reflects clinical interventions provided and necessity of those interventions.
• Maintains knowledge of agency technology programs and/or systems and uses them effectively.
• Meets productivity expectations per TCMHS requirements.
• Works in a cooperative and problem-solving manner with TCMHS staff and community agencies.
• Assists the Director of Youth and Community Services in identification of service gaps and steps necessary to address service needs.
• Other duties and/or responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Master’s Degree
• LCSW, LPC or Provisional License required
• 1 to 3 years of similar position-related experience
• Knowledge gained through prior employment and education including assessment, treatment planning, individual therapy and crisis management.
• Knowledge of Trauma Informed Practices and Cognitive Therapy.
• Ability to build rapport with consumers.
• Able to effectively utilize software systems including EMR systems, Microsoft and Outlook.