Dairy Farmers of America Leadership and Talent Development Program Manager in Kansas City, Kansas
Position : Leadership and Talent Development Program Manager
Location : Kansas City, Kansas
Requisition ID: : 15942
The Leadership and Talent Development Program Manager is responsible creating and delivering talent development programs across DFA to ensure a high performing, highly engaged, and diverse workforce with the right capabilities to improve performance and deliver on the company’s growth strategy.
They will achieve this by working collaboratively with Senior Human Resource Business Partners, division-level leaders, and other Human Resources areas of practice to deliver programs that address the workforce and talent needs and build the talent and capabilities of leaders at all levels of the cooperative.
Solutions will be delivered across a range of functions in the employee lifecycle including succession management, development plans, top talent programs, leadership development programs for all levels of leadership, and assessment strategies that address individual and team development needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create, manage, and deliver top talent programs.
• Select and manage external partners engaged to consult and execute targeted talent programs.
• Provide support and programming to drive effective Employee Resource Group experiences.
• Create, manage, and deliver leadership development programs for all leaders across the cooperative. Programs may include developing an approach to rotation programs and mentor programs.
Talent and Succession
• Work with business leaders and people partners to assess talent risks, build talent and succession plans for the organization, as directed, ensuring critical roles succession is managed to mitigate risks
• Setup and manage a dynamic succession management process to ensure top quality leaders in every part of the business
• Develop and manage a career pathway framework to ensure that leaders and employees are developed in a structured and thoughtful way that builds their capability for career progression and targets DFA’s investment in people
Performance and Leadership Coaching
• Provide consultation to Human Resource Business Partners to create development plans within their divisions based on need and opportunity.
• Manage and administer a coaching practice at DFA through the selection and management of a coaching provider, applying the service strategically across programs and individual development plans.
• Build and administer a comprehensive assessment service including a 360 instrument, team dynamic instruments and individual skill and behavior assessments that aide leaders and employees in targeting development plans.
Decentralized Training Delivery Network Management
• Create and manage a process for identifying and selecting a network of facilitators within each division of the cooperative.
• Provide leadership, skill-building and readiness plans to ensure every facilitator is prepared to deliver DFA leadership and professional development courses in accordance with expected trainer competency standards.
• Deploy an observation and feedback process to foster continuous improvement within the delivery network.
• Travel throughout the cooperative in support of trainer network facilitator readiness and development by modeling delivery, observing delivery and providing feedback from live observation on site.
• Work with L&D operations team to forecast and schedule leadership development course programming to identify resource needs within the delivery network.
Expected HR Leadership Behaviors:
• Is an expert, proactive, agile, and contributes to a culturally aligned team
• Is a trusted advisor and influencer within the organization who has high levels of credibility with leaders and the business unit employees
• Fosters collaboration and a “ONE DFA HR” mindset and approach
• Manages and collaborates to meet required timelines
• Undergraduate degree in human resource management, curriculum design, leadership development, organizational psychology, business or related field is essential. Post graduate degree desirable
• 8+ years’ experience in progressive Leadership Development, Learning and Development and/or Talent and OD roles working in dynamic organizations with contemporary practices
• Knowledge of leadership development strategies and current methodologies
• Proven experience in training and team facilitation
• Proven experience in training program design
• Strong, enthusiastic, resilient and personable
• Innovative, Inclusive and Systems thinking
• A good listener who has the confidence to challenge
• A program manager with expert time management, organization and matrix management skills
• A natural collaborator who works with peers and HR team members to deliver great results for DFA leaders and employees
• Highly credible with excellent relationship skills. Able to build trusting relationships across the business
• Deep talent expertise combined with hands on experience and demonstrated ability to translate the theoretical and deliver practical and relevant solutions
• Ability to travel domestically up to 30% - 40%
An Equal Opportunity Employer