Centene Corporation Insurance Verification Coordinator I in Jefferson City, Missouri
You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: Obtain and verify complete insurance information, including the prior authorization process, copay assistance and coordination of benefits
• Obtain and verify insurance eligibility for services provided and document complete information in system.
• Perform prior authorizations as required by payor source, including procurement of needed documentation by collaborating with physician offices and insurance companies.
• Collect any clinical information such as lab values, diagnosis codes, etc.
• Determine patient’s financial responsibilities as stated by insurance.
• Configure coordination of benefits information on every referral.
• Ensure assignment of benefits are obtained and on file for Medicare claims.
• Bill insurance companies for therapies provided.
• Document all pertinent communication with patient, physician, insurance company as it may relate to collection procedures.
• Identify and coordinate patient resources as it pertains to reimbursement, such as copay cards, third party assistance programs, and manufacturer assistance programs.
• Handle inbound calls from patients, physician offices, and/or insurance companies.
• Resolve claim rejections for eligibility, coverage, and other issues.
Education/Experience: High school diploma with 1+ years of medical billing or insurance verification experience. Bachelor’s degree in related field can substitute for experience. Experience with payors and prior authorization preferred. Strong customer service skills.
Foundation Care Only: Ability to complete Missouri Registered Pharmacy Tech application on 1st day of hire to obtain non-restricted Missouri Registered Pharmacy Tech within 30 days of hire OR Active Missouri Registered Pharmacy Tech license.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Insurance Verification Coordinator I
LOCATION: Various, Missouri
- Centene Corporation Jobs