Northrop Grumman Intern, Global Supply Chain in Irving, Texas
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Supply Chain Procurement Specialist Intern to join the Corporate Global Supply Chain Intern Program. This position will be located in Irving, Texas.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Global Procurement Services team. The selected candidate will work in a fast paced, multiple commodity procurement environment. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where they will interact with colleagues, suppliers, and internal customers.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of Supply Chain functions that may include:
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Develops subcontract specifications, reviews work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized IT and Services requirements
• Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals
• Negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting purchase orders
• Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to purchase orders
• Engages in key enterprise intiatives in Supply Chain Systems and Tools
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be enrolled full-time and completing their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or
PhD) from an accredited institution AND graduating after August 2021
• Be majoring in or having majored in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or related major
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic
transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the
documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks
during summer 2021
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S.
citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
• Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities,
interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community
• Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small
• Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex
• Experience in working on business or supply chain full life-cycle projects
from project inception through launch.
• Supply Chain Experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Administrative Services
- Northrop Grumman Jobs