Robert Half International Staff Accountant in Houston, Texas
A services company located in the Galleria area is adding a Staff Accountant to their team. The Staff Accountant will assist with the monthly closing and preparation of financial statements for the field businesses.
• Perform the monthly close and review of monthly financial statements and analysis (i.e. variance analysis)
• Prepare journal entries to upload data which records sales, commissions, trust and cash as well as make adjustments to ensure the financials reflect proper reporting.
• Review balance sheet account reconciliations, identify proposed adjustments, processing errors, and partner with other departments to get them resolved.
• Identify necessary process improvements and work to get them implemented.
• Partner with individual businesses and provide support by answering questions (i.e.: processing of contracts and inventory and completing inventory
• Special Projects as assigned and other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 4 + years of general accounting experience including knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting. Advanced Excel and exposure to an ERP are required.
Compensation is up to 75K
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to email@example.com
Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
Competent with spreadsheets and databases
Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
General ledger experience desired
Journal entries experience required
Account reconciliation experience
Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Efficient in ERP systems
Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
4+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professoinals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Houston, TX
Date Posted: March 18, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04130-0011358522
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs