Lowe's Sr. Infrastructure Engineer in Houston, Texas
The primary purpose of this role is to provide consultation and technical advice on Technology infrastructure planning and engineering for assigned systems. This includes responsibility for translating business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements and delivering integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems.
This role supports multiple, somewhat complex projects across areas simultaneously, often leading one or more projects independently. This includes collaboration with cross-functional partners as well as senior leadership.
This role is expected to support multiple platforms within a single infrastructure engineering domain (e.g., network, storage, platform, database, middleware, mainframe).
• Translates requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support
integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems
• Collaborates with architects and engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible,
scalable, and maintainable system designs
• Provides consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning and engineering for assigned
systems; assesses the implications of Technology strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
• Writes, reviews, and validates clear technical specifications and documentation
• Develops or modifies infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments while offering
guidance and mentorship to more junior team members
• Develops and validates system design prototypes, ensuring system designs adhere to company
• Leads the building of hardware and/or software configurations and prepares system components for
installation of the infrastructure
• Develops, validates, and executes infrastructure tests to identify system errors and ensure solutions
meet functional specifications.
• Led effort to deliver the validation and testing of components of larger infrastructure systems and
revises key system components based on test results as appropriate.
• Leads the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure
successful deployment and operation; develops and documents detailed standards (e.g., guidelines,
processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services
• Collaborates with Technology partners to help define and understand target strategies
• Evaluate new service options, identify issues and impacts, and make recommendations on feasibility
• Provides post-implementation support, making system enhancements as needed
• Estimates resource requirements for technical design and testing efforts, develops system support plans, schedules, and assignments, and manages project components and schedules while mitigating project risks as appropriate.
• Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior-level engineers; may provide feedback and direction on specific engineering tasks
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 5 years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development
• 2 years of infrastructure engineering experience working across multiple domains, platforms, or specialty areas
• 2 years of experience leading projects with or without direct reports
• 2 years of experience in the following are required: vSphere/VxRail, Citrix, Active Directory, O365, SharePoint, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Logic Monitor/any enterprise monitoring tool suite, Pure storage arrays, Cohesity backup arrays/software, and Azure
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 2 years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level
• 3 years of experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 3 years of experience working with third-party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 3 years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
• 3 years of IT experience in the retail industry
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 17 million customer transactions a week in the U.S. With total fiscal year 2022 sales of over $97 billion, approximately $92 billion of sales were generated in the U.S., where Lowe's operates over 1,700 home improvement stores and employs approximately 300,000 associates.
Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Lowe's Jobs