Honeywell Software Engineer II in Houston, Texas
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
UOP IT - Digital Technologies (DT) has an exciting opening for a software developer to join our experienced engineering applications development team. This team creates exciting programs that use cutting edge software development technologies to develop new application to support and enhance UOP engineering design processes. The current applications’ eco-system is comprised of web applications, and windows applications based on SOA and microservices platform with application hosted in Microsoft Azure and AWS.
Digital Technologies has started an ambitious engineering applications development plan that aims to transform the UOP engineering design process by building expert engineers’ design knowledge in microservices systems. The new application ecosystem will enhance work process automation on Azure/AWS platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity for the Software Engineer II to work side by side the world’s leading chemical engineering subject matter experts. The successful candidate will play a key role in proposing improvements to current design process and building new solutions for Honeywell’s multi-year Digital Transformation vision.
• Participate in regular Scrum meetings. Daily Stand-up calls and backlog grooming/sprint planning/Retrospective meetings
• Develop program features using OOP/OOD and clean code principles
• Troubleshoot software issues before and after production
• Work with US based and offshore teams
• Establish good working relation with open communications with peers, managers, and subject matter experts
• Explain in clear and direct terms solution and designs to product owners, scrum masters and architects
• Maintain assignment related Jira and confluence pages
YOU MUST HAVE
•3+ years of experience in a fast-paced software development organization
•Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering
• 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced software development organization
• 2+ years of experience developing API and microservices with major cloud providers (AWS/AZURE/GCP)
• 1+ years of experience with Chemical Engineering design processes.
• 2+ years of experience with programming languages such as VB.NET, C#.NET, JAVA, C++, Angular, RECT and on .Net Core and Node.JS frameworks
• 2+ years of experience with document databases such as CosmosDB & MongoDB
• 2+ years of experience in Object Oriented Design & Programming Principles, and Clean Code practices
• 2+ years of experience in Agile development on Atlassian tools set (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs